of 21

2010-09-21 9:08 AM
in reply to: #3108813

User image

Master
Surprise, Arizona
Subject: RE: BHannahs's Group - FULL!

flip18436572 - 2010-09-20 4:51 PM

I am done with tri's for the year, but I have found a swim instructor that will help me, and I have found a few people in our small town that are willing to be running partners to try and help me reach my goal of a full marathon in the spring of next year.

Thanks to all for the help this year.

A full marathon in the spring is a completely attainable goal for you, and the winter months are a great time for focused run training.  The base you establish during your marathon training will also pay huge dividends when you train for your tris next year.  Good luck!!

2010-10-04 12:14 PM
in reply to: #2780242

User image

Veteran
Hi Guys,
Hope your season have been a great one.  So I finish my season with sprint triathon (kokopelli tri) two week ago and a marathon this past saturday (st. george marathon - utah) that I sign up back in april. 

The kokopelli I came in second place in my division and improved 3 minute from last triathlon (st george tri - same exact course) back in may.

The marathon suck I had hope a 5:30 finish, ended up @ 6:29.  I have a lot of excuses, but the main one was under trained (my longest run was 16 mile and that was 5 week ago).

I'll get the race report asap.

I know your season isn't over, but want to share what I'm planning for next season.  century bike ride, 3 local triathlon in my area, half triathon, couple half marathon (no full marathon next year).

Thanks and you all are awesome!!
2010-10-04 12:34 PM
in reply to: #3131791

User image

Regular
Congrats on a strong Tri finish.  And congrats on completing the marathon!

I'm into cyclocross season now, and while I completely suck compared to everyone else, save a couple of girls I can actually beat.  I'm having a blast and improving my technical skills(which need a TON of work!) with every race. 

End of tri season landed on a bad note.  I was signed up for one last tri, and I couldn't bring myself to get on the bike.  I had a cross race that afternoon and I had a really bad feeling about the course.  The whole event was extremely unorganized and about 80% of the racked bikes were hybrids.  Now, I'm not a complete bike snob or anything, but it just had me worried that the course wasn't meant for a road bike so when it started to rain, I swam and I left! 

Of my first 4 cross races, it took me until this weekend to not feel like puking on the start line.  I've finished DFL once, DFL ahead of only DNFs once and 2nd to last twice.  But each time I finished and it's taking me longer to go a lap down. 

My 10K is coming up and I've run the distance and then some in training.  I'm going to be fine, but with cross season, I'm not getting in as many training runs as I had planned.  But still cycling and hot laps are extremely difficult for me!

I also bought my plane ticket for Florida to do the Disney princesses' half marathon in Feb 2011!  I haven't signed up for the race yet, but I will, real soon! 

Next year, I plan to continue tris and step up the distance to an olympic, and get back to trying to have a kid again.  It's been a long and hard healing process, but losing all this weight(over 50 lbs!) has really helped.  I have 15 more to go, and am sort of stuck right this minute. But slowly but surely, I'm getting back on track with my diet.  My eercise has been phenominal but racing has sort of forced me to rest more than I ever intended!
2010-10-05 12:26 PM

User image

Veteran
Long Island, NY

So I finished up my tri-season the other day. It’s been great being a part of the BHannah’s Mentor group. Even though this is a very individual sport having a support group was very helpful. I’m always around – I try to check in daily.

Here’s the link to my race report.

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=229567&posts=1&start=1

Looking forward to next year I think I’m going to make the jump like Carly and do an Olympic distance race.

2010-10-05 3:22 PM

User image

Master
Surprise, Arizona

Adam, Carly, and Sterling - CONGRATULATIONS on all that you have accomplished this season!!

Adam -  You were so nervous when you were just getting started, but you kept working, overcame your injury issues and finished out the season strong and experienced.   Thank you for bringing so much enthusiasm to the group.  I have no doubt that you will continue in the sport and it will bring you a lot of satisfaction and happiness. 

Sterling - GREAT job in getting second in your AG at Kokopelli.  If things work out (my niece is getting married that month, so I am not sure about the potential date conflict), I hope to be there to race with you if you decide to do it again next year.  And don't get down about your marathon time.  Marathons are HARD, and the back half (especially the last six miles) are the great unknown.  Just getting past the wall to finish is a big accomplishment - be proud!  

Carly - You have come so far this season, and it really sounds like you have found a passion for cyclocross.  Keep working at it, and as you develop, you'll find that it will really improve your bike splits in your tris.  Keep us posted on your races, both tri and cyclocross!

2010-10-06 1:57 PM

User image

Veteran

2011-02-15 9:35 PM

User image

Regular
Hey Guys!! 

Getting psyched for tri season which is right around the corner.  Trying to get a jump on the season and pick up a wetsuit.  I'm torn between a 2xu and a blueSeventy.  I'm not limited to just these choices, but I am looking for opinions on the brands.  Any opinions here?

How was the winter?  Ready for another season? 

Thanks,
Carly
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » BHannahs's Group - FULL! Rss Feed  

of 21