in reply to: #2783422

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

2010-04-15 11:10 AM

Elite
Slackerville, USA
Subject: RE: TransIowa V6 - The Withdrawal
Bill - I admire your decision and your desire to listen to God.  

Everyone - Many people don't understand how involved God is in each of our lives.  He knows each of us intimately and is involved in each of our lives whether or not we recognize His hand and whether or not there are other things going on in the world. He is never too busy.

As far as how does one know if something is from God or just inner doubt, etc.? If the decision brings peace then it is from God. Cowardice, doubt, and the voice of Satan do not bring peace. This last weekend I was working with a guy who ignored that inner voice to stay home from a trip. He got a phone call from home and had to fly home for an emergency.

Whether you call that inner voice intuition, instinct, or the voice of God is up to you. I personally believe it is the voice of God or the "light of Christ" as the bible sometimes calls it. When you learn to listen and obey, it will make a big difference in your life.
2010-04-16 5:55 PM

Master
Sacramento, California
Subject: RE: TransIowa V6 - The Withdrawal
Bill- First of all let me say I am so sorry thay you will not get to fulfill this dream of yours this year.  Anyone who has spent time in the forums knows how badly you wanted to do this ride and how you battled with you leg to make it happen.

Secondly...I commend you for your ability to not only listen to what God has to say to you but to obey as well.  Listening is the easy part...letting go of your desire to follow your own will is the hard part.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » TransIowa V6 - The Withdrawal Rss Feed  

of 2