General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone had "SPINAL FUSION" and still training? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-04-28 4:16 PM

User image

Subject: Anyone had "SPINAL FUSION" and still training?
Been struggling with a disk bulge for 9 months with no let up...serioulsy considering the operation.

If you've had a fusion in your lumber or know someone who has I'd be keen to hear.

Be nice to be even able to bike again let alone run..

2010-04-29 12:50 PM
in reply to: #2823977

User image

Master
Morse Lake, Noblesville, Indiana
Subject: RE: Anyone had "SPINAL FUSION" and still training?
Not lumbar, but I have a fused C5, C6 & C7. Fusion immediatly fixed issues I had, and I was able to get back to life pain free. My only issue is a sometimes stiff neck, and the fact I can not look straight up. You won't have either of those issues. If other options don't fix the problem, don't be afraid of surgery. I was running/training again in under 8 weeks.
2010-04-30 6:30 AM
in reply to: #2823977

User image

Champion
Sarasota, FL
Subject: RE: Anyone had "SPINAL FUSION" and still training?

I also have a C6/C7 fusion.  No problems and I've never really noticed any loss in my range of motion.  The biggest issues for me was that it ended my football career and the Navy banned me from flying aircraft with ejection seats, but neither of those are much of a problem these days.

Mark

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone had "SPINAL FUSION" and still training? Rss Feed