General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Run routes in San Antonio - and running solo (female) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-04-29 12:17 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Podunk County, MN
Subject: Run routes in San Antonio - and running solo (female)

I'm coming to San Antonio for a couple of days for work next week, and would love to fit my long run in while I'm down there.  (9 miler)  I'm staying at a hotel in the Seaworld area - no idea what it's like there.  So question 1 - is it a safe area for a woman to run alone in the morning?  Question 2 - anybody have a route/area for me?    Question 3 - anything else I should be sure to do while I'm there?  (Besides, ya know, working?)

I'm so psyched that my hotel actually has a LAP POOL!!! Maybe that will jumpstart my total slacker swim training for this year.  

2010-04-29 1:17 PM
in reply to: #2825812

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Run routes in San Antonio - and running solo (female)
kanders - 2010-04-29 12:17 PM

I'm coming to San Antonio for a couple of days for work next week, and would love to fit my long run in while I'm down there.  (9 miler)  I'm staying at a hotel in the Seaworld area - no idea what it's like there.  So question 1 - is it a safe area for a woman to run alone in the morning?  Question 2 - anybody have a route/area for me?    Question 3 - anything else I should be sure to do while I'm there?  (Besides, ya know, working?)

I'm so psyched that my hotel actually has a LAP POOL!!! Maybe that will jumpstart my total slacker swim training for this year.  

You are staying in a nice area, so running should be safe.  I don't know specific routes out on the west side, but the hotel should be able to provide a couple to choose from.  As far as other things to do...the Riverwalk (downtown) is good for a nice lunch/dinner and the RIM (close to where you are staying) has great shopping, if that's your thing.

Leave the Minnesota clothes behind-it's supposed to be 90+ tomorrow.  San Antonio is a great town.  Have fun.

Randy
2010-04-29 1:19 PM
in reply to: #2825812

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Run routes in San Antonio - and running solo (female)
One more thing.  If you are by yourself, I wouldn't come downtown to the Riverwalk at night.  A mid-day lunch would be no problem, but at night you will have to pay-to-park and sometimes it will be a decent walk.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Run routes in San Antonio - and running solo (female) Rss Feed