General Discussion Triathlon Talk » BIKES Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2003-09-12 7:20 AM

Atlanta GA
Subject: BIKES
I have been intrested in doing a Triathalon for a while now and I have decided to pick a race and begin training. I have been looking for bikes and as you know they are very expensive. I want to be sure I like this before I go get an expensive bike but I also want to be able to do well so I don't want just any bike on my first race. Any suggestions. Should I just use anything I can get my hands on for the first race??/

2003-09-12 9:41 AM
in reply to: #750

User image

Veteran
Palisade, CO
Subject: RE: BIKES
Bikes can get very expensive very fast. Being new to tri and not wanting to break the bank before I had at least one race under my belt, I tried to borrow a bike first but no one I knew had a road bike. So I went around to the local bike shops to look for used bikes. I found one for 300.00. I have seen a big difference in speed and comfort over my mtn bike.

Good Luck and have fun
Jason
2003-09-12 10:13 AM

Veteran
Rutland Ohio (South Eastern Ohio)
Subject: Renting Bikes
When my brother was starting to prepare for a tri he checked with a local bike shop and explained that he may never race again. They rented him a Trek 1000 or 1200 for $35/day I believe. He also said that they had higher end bikes that they rented. The area he lived in was around Raleigh/Durham NC.
2003-09-12 11:49 AM

User image

Central Louisiana
Subject: RE: BIKES
Ride what ever you can get your hands on wheter you rent it or borrow it. Just make sure it is set up for you so you aren't to uncomfortable. After your hooked on the sport you can get what you want.

Still Tri'n
Michael
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » BIKES Rss Feed