General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Maxout - Royersford, PA Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-05-24 11:58 AM

User image

Regular
PA
Subject: Maxout - Royersford, PA
I only wish this place existed when I was training for IMKY in 2009. I went today for my first workout and holy hell it was tough! Any local triathletes having trouble getting weights into your training this is a good option. 1 hour, once a week! It hurts by the way....
I have recruited my training buddy from BT to go back with me on thursday.

If anyone is interested here is the link.  May be a time saver for some of you with IM schedules.

http://www.maxoutstudio.com/contact-maxout/schedule-workout.php

2010-05-25 8:06 AM
in reply to: #2878314

User image

Veteran
What used to be the country, PA
Subject: RE: Maxout - Royersford, PA
That place sounds cool; I saw it from the outside and wondered what it was all about and figured it was just another personal training studio. What is it about their workouts that make them so unique? And what does a membership cost? Is it reasonable? The idea of actually being able to get in strength training is a big plus, as it is the first thing to fall off my schedule. Thanks.

Edited by 40isnotold 2010-05-25 8:08 AM
2010-05-25 9:59 AM
in reply to: #2880145

User image

Regular
PA
Subject: RE: Maxout - Royersford, PA
40isnotold - 2010-05-25 9:06 AM That place sounds cool; I saw it from the outside and wondered what it was all about and figured it was just another personal training studio. What is it about their workouts that make them so unique? And what does a membership cost? Is it reasonable? The idea of actually being able to get in strength training is a big plus, as it is the first thing to fall off my schedule. Thanks.

The concept is negative resistance training and multiple reps until complete muscle failure. It is quite intense and unlike anything I have ever tried. I would have jumped on it last year since I never had the time for weights during IM training. They have a personal trainer work with you the entire time so you get pushed through it without cheating. There is no 'membership' really, its a month to month thing. No contract so you can leave at any time. The fee's are from what I remember $175 a month for Athletes (like pros/elites) $150 for avg joe/janes, $125 students, $115 seniors, $100 cops/fire. Each session is one hour long and you get 4 sessions a month.
Considering my gym charges $65 an hour for a personal trainer the Maxout is cheaper. I'm going to do it for the summer. The first 2 sessions are free so go and try it out.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Maxout - Royersford, PA Rss Feed