General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swimming while at Pennisula State Park Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-07-01 9:07 AM

New user
Subject: Swimming while at Pennisula State Park
Hello to all.  My family and I are spending next week at Pennisula SP.  Love this park.  Anyway, can someone advise on where to safely swim?  I'd like to practice my OWS, which is good as this is on the lake of course.

I am aware of the swim area, but am wondering if anyone knew of, or could recommend other routes or areas.  I remember the island on the bay side and was thinking of an around the island route sighting off the island for one.

My training plan is calling for 28, 38, and 48min swims.  Also, these will be in my wetsuit as well. Thanks! 

2010-07-01 9:26 AM
in reply to: #2955479

NE Wisconsin
Subject: RE: Swimming while at Pennisula State Park
Hi
I suppose this is possible, but I wouldn't recommend swimming out to that island-not safe due to lots of boating traffic-esp this weekend. Kayak out is my advice. Watch the current on the west side if you go.
Any way to get to the public beach down the hill just immediately north of the Alpine and south of the Egg Harbor marina? This is a really nice area and not as crowded. Family friendly too.
Anne
2010-07-01 9:49 AM
in reply to: #2955541

Veteran
Wisconsin
Herb Doc - 2010-07-01 9:26 AM Hi I suppose this is possible, but I wouldn't recommend swimming out to that island-not safe due to lots of boating traffic-esp this weekend. Kayak out is my advice. Watch the current on the west side if you go. Any way to get to the public beach down the hill just immediately north of the Alpine and south of the Egg Harbor marina? This is a really nice area and not as crowded. Family friendly too. Anne

I agree - go to the public swim area mentioned above, between "downtown" Ephraim and the park. There's a pier and a very large swim area. Swim back and forth outside the buoys in about 5 feet of water with a nice sand bottom.
2010-07-01 1:18 PM

New user
Sounds great. Thanks!
2010-07-01 2:43 PM

User image

You could always go to Egg Harbor - Frank Murphy Park.  This is where the Door County Triathlon is held.  Great swimming area.
2010-07-01 9:07 PM

User image

Veteran
Hartland, WI
Go to Nicole Beach in Pennisula State Park.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swimming while at Pennisula State Park Rss Feed