General Discussion Triathlon Talk » JuicePlus Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2003-09-13 3:22 PM

Subject: JuicePlus
Hey guys, I know all of us athletes need GOOD nutrition from QUALITY sources, and smoothies are sooo important to meet those needs. There is this product called JuicePlus--it is fabulous. 7 fruits, 8 vegetables, and 2 grains concentrated in 4 capsules a day. The company also makes a WONDERFUL smoothie or drink mix called Complete with a balance of carbohydrates, fiber, and healthy fats. This is GOOOOD stuff, I've been taking it for a while and it really helps with health issues. If you want, I can send you more info.

P.S.-- It makes a delicious strawberry smoothie!)

2003-09-15 9:31 AM
in reply to: #792

Regular
Gulfport, MS
Subject: RE: JuicePlus
I would like more info. I love Strawberry smoothies!
2003-09-15 2:45 PM

Here is some basic info--you can also visit JuicePlus.com and if you want any just let me know--I know a distributor. ARE YOU GETTING YOUR “ 5 – 9” EVERY DAY?

The National Cancer Institute recommends 5 – 9 servings per day of raw fruits and vegetables to help prevent lung, breast, colon and prostate cancers by 50% or more.

The American Heart Society recommends 5 – 9 servings per day of raw fruits and vegetables to prevent heart disease and stroke.

The U.S. government has spent billions trying to find cures for heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and other diseases.
Their conclusion: Disease is easier to prevent than it is to cure.
Their recommendation: Eat 5 – 9 servings of fresh raw fruits & vegetables every day!
The problem: Almost no one does.

ARE JUST ANY FRUITS AND VEGETABLE OK?
No, and here's why . . .

They need to be RAW because enzymes are only found in RAW foods. Enzymes act as catalysts for the 10,000 functions per second that our cells undergo. Cooking destroys enzymes. Meat is cooked, milk is pasteurized, grains are baked, and nuts are roasted. Fruits and vegetables are the only other source of enzymes, and most of us cook those too.

VARIETY is important. Each fruit and vegetable has a unique composition of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, phytonutrients, and trace elements. Most people eat only the 3 or 4 fruits and vegetables they like. They may be missing some important fuel. Kale is the #1 anti-cancer vegetable but how many of us really eat kale?

Produce needs to be VINE RIPENED. Not only does this create the beautiful bright colors of our fruits and vegetables, it allows the nutrients to develop in the food so our bodies can absorb them. Peak nutrient content is in the last 48 hours of ripening on the vine—and just how green are the fruits when they are picked, and how long do they sit in the warehouse or on the produce shelf before consumption?

Fruits and vegetables need to be FRESH! 75% of the nutrients are lost within 5 days after picking. Most of the produce in the market was picked weeks ago, before it was ripe, and before the nutrients had a chance to develop. Then it was allowed to sit on trucks and in warehouses where even more nutrients were lost.

Juice Plus+ is REAL FOOD. It is composed of 17 raw, chemical and pesticide free fruits, vegetables and grains which are grown in nutrient dense soil, allowed to ripen on the vine, picked and juiced within 24 hours, then encapsulated. It was developed to fill the gap between what we actually eat and what we truly need for good health. Are you getting in your 5-9 servings of fresh, raw, vine-ripened produce each day on a consistent basis?
2003-09-16 2:58 PM
in reply to: #815

Regular
Gulfport, MS
I visited the web-site. Are you a distributor? If so, I would rather order the product from a fellow triathlete than someone I don't know.
2003-09-16 4:51 PM

Yes, well my mother is, but I am sort of like her test dummy on how it works for athletes. I was very opposed to taking it at first but now that i have, I love it!!!
2003-09-16 6:07 PM

Oh yeah---my mom just told me today that if enough people get signed up for JuicePlus, that she would help fund my needed stuff for triathlon ---how cool is that!?!?!?!?! (because the company gives her a portion of the cost for being a distributor-got the DL today!!) And for all you skeptics, (I sure was ) chuggin vitamins like its goin outta style(as I also was), you MAY want to read some of the testimonials of people. I myself had noooo energy at all to run, swim AND bike all in a week, now I do i all in a row (well there are the lazy days...)And the shakes, drinken before a workout give level energy instead of up and down energy like power bars and other workout shakes (plus they taste like flavored chalk !) but these are good mmmmmmm.

Edited by eventme 2003-09-16 6:16 PM

2003-09-17 6:24 AM

Regular
Gulfport, MS
Does she have a web address? I would like to give it a try.
2003-09-17 11:41 AM

Sure! --its [email protected] Thanks!
2003-09-18 1:15 PM

Regular
Gulfport, MS
I got an e-mail from your mom and placed my order this afternoon. I got the capsules and the Juice Plus+ Complete ( to try the strawberry smoothie). I will keep you posted on how it works. Thanks for the tip!
2004-01-01 2:19 PM

User image

New user

San Diego
Juice Plus seems too good to be true, luckily it is cheap enough to give it a go without fear. I was wondering: When oredering the JUICE PLUS+® CAPSULES you get (4) bottles of Garden Blend & (4) bottles of Orchard Blend for $39.75. It also says that each carton contains a 4 month supply. Is this 4 botles of orchard and 4 bottles of garden for $39.75, one carton. i.e. will it cost me 39.75 for 4 months.
Thanks to anyone who can help. No worries if you cannot, I can always make a few phone calls.
Thanks
2004-01-29 8:29 PM
in reply to: #815

User image

Veteran
Malvern PA

eventme - 2003-09-15 5:45 PM  . They need to be RAW because enzymes are only found in RAW foods. Enzymes act as catalysts for the 10,000 functions per second that our cells undergo. Cooking destroys enzymes. Meat is cooked, milk is pasteurized, grains are baked, and nuts are roasted. Fruits and vegetables are the only other source of enzymes, and most of us cook those too. 

Hi, your product sounds great and I wish everyone luck with it.   But what you're saying here has always been a pet peeve of mine.  When you eat food, whether it's raw or cooked, animal or vegetable, one of the things your body does is to destroy all the foreign enzymes and other proteins and break them up into amino acids so we can make our own human enzymes, which are mostly different from those found in other species.  In fact we have many enzymes of our own which do nothing but break up the proteins from the foods we eat.  From our cells point of view it would be useless and possibly dangerous in some cases to have a bunch of reactive alien enzymes running around.  Vitamins are a different story - C, folate, and pantothenic acid can be lost by cooking but so far as I know those are the only ones.

I love raw and fresh foods too, but I keep hearing this one all the time.  There, it's off my chest.

End Rant.  *dons flame-retardent suit*

2004-01-29 8:30 PM

User image

Veteran
Malvern PA

wow, that thread was like a month old...oh well

2004-01-30 5:36 AM
in reply to: #5457

User image

New Hampshire
wrybosome - 2004-01-29 11:29 PM

End Rant.  *dons flame-retardent suit*

*Gets out flamethrower.*
*Looks for a way to light it. Oh f*** I gave up smoking – no matches *
*Puts away flamethrower*

Waves nicely and backs out of the thread that contains lots of big word that I know I should be taking more notice of.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » JuicePlus Rss Feed