General Discussion Race Reports! » Wisconsin Marathon and Half Marathon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Wisconsin Marathon and Half Marathon - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Kenosha, Wisconsin
United States
60F / 16C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 54m 5s
Overall Rank = 411/1948
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Woke up, drank my coffee and hit the road to kenosha. Having lived in Kenosha for the last 10 years i knew just where to go, but didnt like the new drive of 1 hour vs 15 minutes (now live in Milwauklee)... Oh Well. Ate a banana and drank coffee and water. Coffee caused the bathroom calling to come and wanted all that out of me before the run to avoid a emergency stop. Got to the event and was running late so i had to hustle to the start. Checked my bag and got in the coral with about 10 minutes to spare!
Event warmup:

Lots of leg streches.
Run
  • 1h 54m 5s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 05s  min/mile
Comments:

Ran first two miles at 9 minute pace. Then ran 3rd mile at a little under 9 minutes. Did not want to start off too fast so I controlled myself. Course was nice and i was excited so run went quick until about mile 8-9. From mile 3 to mile 9 i ran at about a 8:30 pace. Felt good. At mile 9 I started to get tired. Legs felt heavy and feet as well. Mile 10 to 11 i was starting to slow down and get frustrated. My nipples were chaffed and sore, and my legs were hurting. But i kept running. I knew the pain would stop soon (at mile 13.1!). At mile 12 i was still tired and it seeked to take forever to get there (to mile 12) but i saw my time and knew if i wanted to beat my goal of under 2 hours, i had to move it. so i picked it up a bit, as much as i could. all the while the finish loomed in the distance, never seeming to get closer. But of course it weas and when i made my turn down the final streeet i was giving it all i had. trying to move as fast as i could. I finished!
What would you do differently?:

Run longer training runs (ususaly maintained 7 mile runs with one 10 mile run).
Post race
Warm down:

Grabbed a thermal blanket, and walked around some. Spoke with a couple of people i knew. Had my free beer and Brat too!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Fear of over taxing my body, and not enough prep time.

Last updated: 2010-07-13 12:00 AM
Running
01:54:05 | 13.1 miles | 05s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/1948
Performance: Good
Course: Flat with very small hills. A bit windy. Winds down the coast of Lake Michigan thru old type houses. Then turns north and follows lake front. Then turns around to head back to start and finish.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 2
Physical exertion [1-5] 2
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2010-07-13 9:04 AM

Subject: Wisconsin Marathon and Half Marathon
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Wisconsin Marathon and Half Marathon Rss Feed