General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Frustrated with missing training & getting concerned Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-08-19 8:04 AM

User image

Master
Just South of Boston
Subject: Frustrated with missing training & getting concerned
I've had to miss the past couple days of training (and a few others so far this month) due to illness and/or life circumstances. I realize I didn't have much control over the situation, but it not only leaves me frustrated, but concerned over my ability to get ready for my first tri next month. I have a sprint upcoming on 9/26, and today marks the 5th day this month I've missed a work out.

I'm hoping to get well asap (nasty summer colds are killing me), and get my schedule fixed to get the work done and  get moving forward again. I have over 5 weeks untiil the race to keep working, and I think I'll be OK, but it doesn't make it any easier to keep missing days. 

2010-08-19 9:06 AM
in reply to: #3051987

User image

Extreme Veteran
Concord, NH
Subject: RE: Frustrated with missing training & getting concerned
Stessing out will only slow down your recovery.  Also missing days here and there, for me at least, does not make that big of an overall fitness change.  Remember it is supposed to be fun.  With 5 weeks to go you can be ready.  Also remember that rest is the most important part of working out, so you can consider yourself well rested.
2010-08-19 10:17 AM
in reply to: #3051987

Veteran
Fort Worth, Texas
Subject: RE: Frustrated with missing training & getting concerned
Don't freak out. Just keep moving forward. I miss days here and there and usually come back feelling better and going faster. Remember this is fun not a job.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Frustrated with missing training & getting concerned Rss Feed