General Discussion Triathlon Talk » ANYONE DOING IRONMAN CDA 2011? NEED TRAINING BUDDY Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-08-19 9:18 PM

Subject: ANYONE DOING IRONMAN CDA 2011? NEED TRAINING BUDDY
Hi Everyone!

This is my first post ever and I hope people read these! I'm on the east side of Mi looking for a training partner for IM CDA. I really just need a biking buddy. Any takers? I promise I'm nice!!

2010-08-21 2:53 PM
in reply to: #3053918

User image

Regular
Troy, MI
Subject: RE: ANYONE DOING IRONMAN CDA 2011? NEED TRAINING BUDDY
Hey jennykyria,

I would be up for doing some rides. I live in the Troy area and will be signing up for Ironman Kentucky, following a 30 week plan that starts beginning of February. I think Ironman Canada is the same time of year as IMKY. Right now I am training to BQ in October, but after that I will be getting more time in the saddle and pool.

Dan
2010-08-21 3:19 PM
in reply to: #3056559

User image

Expert
Ann Arbor, MI
SkierDan - 2010-08-21 3:53 PM

Hey jennykyria,

I would be up for doing some rides. I live in the Troy area and will be signing up for Ironman Kentucky, following a 30 week plan that starts beginning of February. I think Ironman Canada is the same time of year as IMKY. Right now I am training to BQ in October, but after that I will be getting more time in the saddle and pool.

Dan

I think she's referring to Ironman Coeur d'Alene, which is June 26, 2011.

I'd love to do this gorgeous race someday, but one deterrent is that you have to start doing your long rides when there's potentially still snow on the ground in Michigan. This -- for many here -- means the trainer. But good news! For the last few winters (at least), MI BTers have been hosting great big barrels of fun called Trainerfests, where a bunch of good people bring their bikes and trainers and FOOD for a few hours of sweating and laughing and eating. Look out for Trainerfest announcements on the MI forum come winter.
2010-08-24 11:22 AM
in reply to: #3056581

Yes- it is Coeur d'Alene. I think about 2 months before KY. But we can still do rides together! I know my winter will be lots of trainer rides but I'm willing to do it. I guess I'll be renting some good movies!! I'll keep my eyes and ears out for trainerfest- that sounds good to me. The company I'm sure helps a ton! Thanks for the tip!!

2010-09-08 7:18 PM
in reply to: #3053918

User image

Justin,
I'm signed up for IM CDA 2011, I live in the Brighton/Howell area and bike Kensington/Islands lake if you can ever make out here would love to have company, great training for the hills!
2010-09-09 6:56 PM
in reply to: #3088198

Hi Sandy!

Yes I go to Island Lake a good amount. It kills me but I'm trying to get better at those hills. Holy cow. I'm a beginner biker but strong swimmer and runner so I want to really train the bike. Would LOVE to train with you if possible. I'm glad to have someone local in CDA!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » ANYONE DOING IRONMAN CDA 2011? NEED TRAINING BUDDY Rss Feed