General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Back/sacrum pain & sciatica Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-08-27 1:11 PM

Subject: Back/sacrum pain & sciatica
I encountered severe back/sacrum pain after 2 hard and long cycling workouts. I was able to run but didn't ride. In addition to rest and ice I went to my chiropractor and got adjustment. Over the course of 3 weeks I was starting to feel better then my injury moved to my right side/leg and turned into sciatic pain in my back, SI joint and lower leg. Pain is worse in am. Currently I'm unable to run or ride. I've used the elliptical trainer up to 30 minutes, which feels fine while doing it, but hurts afterwards. I also did some weight lifting to help maintain my strength.  I tried some PT exercises and stretches (previously prescribed by PT for another condition). Has anyone had a similar experience and what can I do or not do to heal faster? I'm very frustrated and in constant pain.

2010-08-27 2:12 PM
in reply to: #3067852

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Back/sacrum pain & sciatica
Did you have your bike fit?
2010-08-28 1:09 PM
in reply to: #3067998

Yes, in fact I was scheduled to get another fitting just to ensure my position hadn't changed when I got injured.

2010-08-28 1:59 PM
in reply to: #3067852

Regular
Conejo Valley
I had years of that type of issue and finally started to work with reformer pilates the past nine months.  it has paid off big time for me to the point i'm in my first OLY this month.  I go twice a week for an hour  a session and I have had no back issues since I started, and my training volume has picked up tremendously.   The instructor gave me some home exercises to do also.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Back/sacrum pain & sciatica Rss Feed