General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Cedar Beach Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2010-10-15 7:56 PM
in reply to: #3090107

Holtsville, Long Island
Subject: RE: Cedar Beach Triathlon

Didn't think the bike course was that tough at all.  Very fair.  I had a very fast swim, well at least for me.  Was the sweep pushing us in this year?  In my opinion this is a very fun, fairly fast course.  In the 45-49 I did a 1:25 and finished 9th.  I thought I was going to at least break the top 5?!? Oh well, I had a really good time out there and just love the course and the beautiful scenary.  I never want to take any of the Long Isalnd venues for granted.  I pay enough in taxes to live here and the beauty of the Island almost makes it worth it.

2010-10-25 3:16 PM
in reply to: #3090107

User image

Subject: RE: Cedar Beach Triathlon
I was surprised by my swim time as well - I'd like to think it was simply because I got better and not because of the sweep.  I know the current was pushing a bunch of people into the Sound (towards NYC) so there might have been a speed bump on the second leg of the swim, but I would think any gain on the second leg would have been negated on the first (angled) and third legs.  My wife took pics of a bunch of people going completely left of the first buoy, I thought they were cheating, but maybe the current had something to do with it.

This was the second year I've done the race, it's a fun late season sprint to end the season with.  I cut 16 minutes off my time from last year and took 3rd in my AG ... I missed 2nd by 20'ish seconds ... if only my darn hands would have been functioning correctly after the swim (couldn't use my fingers, too cold) so took me an extra 30 sec in T1 ... oh well, there's always next year.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Cedar Beach Triathlon Rss Feed  

of 2