General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Newbie looking for training schedule advice Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-09-11 8:42 PM

New user

Las Vegas, NV
Subject: Newbie looking for training schedule advice
Good evening,

I am a 42 year old male, newbie in Las Vegas.  A friend of mine competes in tris and got me interested.  I have an athletic background but have not done any real training for the last few years.

I am trying to figure out how to plan my initial workout regimin.  The last real race of the season here in Vegas is less than 8 weeks away so I don't think I can make that one.  I assume the 2011 races will be part way into the year. 

When I look at the basic training plans none seem to work time wise.  Should I just do a basic 12 week program and then graduate into a higher level program to prepare for my first sprint next year?  I am not sure what the best course of action is.  I want to start training right away but I also know I should plan to complete one of the training programs just before my first race.

I am looking forward to any advice you guys can offer.

Thanks!

Bill

2010-09-11 9:00 PM
in reply to: #3093154

User image

Expert
Perth, Australia
Subject: RE: Newbie looking for training schedule advice
Have you looked at the custom training plan creator?  I've just started using it to train for my first Oly at the end of Jan next year.  Like you, none of the programs really fitted with my life but this is much more interactive and really easy to use.  It's the first time I've used a plan and I'm finding that just being "told" what to do everyday really simplifies my training and my life.  Good luck with it all!
2010-09-11 9:04 PM
in reply to: #3093154

User image

On your right
Subject: RE: Newbie looking for training schedule advice
If you have any sort of a base fitness, there isn't a reason that you shouldn't be able to finish a sprint that's around 8 weeks out.

You can start a 12 week plan on week 4, and go from there.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Newbie looking for training schedule advice Rss Feed