General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New to Tri Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-09-23 6:01 PM

Subject: New to Tri
Hello all! I've been running for about three years, running several 5K's, 10K's and 1/2 marathons. Getting ready to run my third marathon in December. After that, I'm looking to get into the Tri world. High expectations for myself. Looking to do a half Ironman, possibly the Vineman in July 2011. Too 

ambitious? My husband thinks I'm crazy!

2010-09-23 6:07 PM
in reply to: #3114982

User image

Marengo
Subject: RE: New to Tri
LOL, most everyone I know thinks I'm crazy for my IM dreams!  I get the feeling it comes with the territory.  Motivating though.  Welcome to BT

Edited by IronErin 2010-09-23 6:08 PM
2010-09-23 9:21 PM
in reply to: #3114982

User image

Veteran
Ironman Arizona via Surf City, USA
Subject: RE: New to Tri

ckrogers1985 - 2010-09-23 4:01 PM Hello all! I've been running for about three years, running several 5K's, 10K's and 1/2 marathons. Getting ready to run my third marathon in December. After that, I'm looking to get into the Tri world. High expectations for myself. Looking to do a half Ironman, possibly the Vineman in July 2011. Too 

ambitious? My husband thinks I'm crazy!

I did Vineman 70.3 in 2007 as my first 70.3, after delving into the World of Tri in 2006.  Was a 26.2 runner myself...  Did several "reverse" sprints and one International distance tri and then Vineman..  It was hot that year; 93 on the run...  My goal was to finish... 8:09 was my time cause I walked a bit because of the heat.  In 2008, it was barely in the 70's and if I hadn't had some foot pain, would have done better than the 7:55 that year... Great race even for a newbie like I was in '07 on a column-shift roadie.. Once you make that jump to 70.3 or 140.6, you must devote the time for yer training..  Get yourself a coach... If hubby won't go along for the ride, then tell him to stay out of your way..  Support from family and friends is important, and hopefully he will come around and realize what it will mean to you...  I trained for 10 months and worked my usual hours...  Days were long and sleep was scarce at times...  Hubby and I had our moments but he understood what I wanted to accomplish.. The training is the journey with the finish line your ultimate destination.. I decided to go for it all and signed up for IMAZ 2009.. This Ironman race would fall 5 weeks before my 50th birthday and would be my gift to myself.. I won't pull any punches; it was a very long day and it was tough, but I am an IRONMAN!  It is a feeling that cannot be described... IMAZ is a great race, well supported and pretty much a flat bike and run... If you do this race, be aware that the run is mostly on concrete..

You can do it.. You just have to want to.. It is truly a life-changing experience..  Below is a link to my race report and a Youtube video of my finish...  Goold luck and enjoy the ride!!!

Lori

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=188599

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpe5KEkMzd8#

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New to Tri Rss Feed