General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training while sick, 1 month out from IM? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-10-04 10:27 AM

Macomb Township MI
Subject: Training while sick, 1 month out from IM?

Things just have not been going my way the past few weeks.  I had a ankle sprain about 2 weeks ago and it finally feels good.  Its been two weeks  tomorrow and my plan was to slowly start running again tomorrow. 

Over the weekend I have picked up some type of bug, the coughing, hacking up toxic looking phlem, achieness in the upper body. 

My question is, I am a month out from my first Ironman (FL) and am starting to get nervous. My running took a hit the past two weeks due to the sprained ankle at the worst time and now this. 

Any advice on what I should do that won't be too much for my body and hinder my recovery? 
I am doing lots of fluids and plenty of rest at night taking the Vit. C.

Thanks,
Wayne

2010-10-04 10:39 AM
in reply to: #3131510

Master
, California
Subject: RE: Training while sick, 1 month out from IM?
It sucks that your taper has been involuntarily started too early.  But your #1 priority is to get over your illness.  If that's still lingering when you hit race day, training isn't going to matter.  I might do a little light spinning on the indoor trainer but seriously - get well first.

Edit: and definitely stay out of the pool until your lungs are clear.

Edited by spudone 2010-10-04 10:50 AM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training while sick, 1 month out from IM? Rss Feed