General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Nutrition Guidance Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-10-16 5:06 AM

New user

Victoria, Australia
Subject: Nutrition Guidance
Hey guys, i'm just posting here to get some feed back on the nutritional value of most of my daily eating habits. I'm a personal trainer and know the basics of nutrition how ever, I'm not completely sure on the endurance side of things.

So here goes

My breakfast normally consists of a 2-3 egg omelette with spring onion, garlic, mushroom and tomato with 2 pieces of wholemeal or multi grain bread.

Then i have a snack between breakfast and lunch of a piece of fruit normally banana or apple.

Lunch is normally a chicken/tuna sandwich with salad or a tossed salad with tuna or chick, Bread again being multi grain or wholemeal and sometimes fruit yoghurt

Another snack between lunch and dinner, of fruit and/or yoghurt.

Dinner can consist of anything between a chicken/beef stir fry with white long grain rice. or the simple meat and vegies.

I Normally drink no less than 6 glasses of water each day and have between 2-3 coffee's (black with one tea spoon of sugar) every couple of days. I don't know much about supplements as i've never been a big fan of them, How ever i'm willing to look into them if i can be given some good ones to check out.

2010-10-16 9:51 AM
in reply to: #3155493

User image

Payson, AZ
Subject: RE: Nutrition Guidance
Seems to me it your eating pretty solid.  Seems like your eating a healthy, real foods type diet.  I would probably switch the whtie rice out for brown.  With a rice cooker they cook near the same length of time.  I still throw white in from time to time just cause it is so darn tasty but try to stick to unprocessed as much as possible.

With endurance sports things come down to timing.  You want to make sure your refueling yourself within about 30 minutes of your workout.  It is also important to fuel yourself properly during workouts to make sure you keep your engery levels up during you workout so you get full benefit of it.  That usually only comes into play for workouts over an hour though.  Anything shorter then straight water will do.
2010-10-17 12:03 AM
in reply to: #3155493

New user

Victoria, Australia
Subject: RE: Nutrition Guidance
Thanks for the feedback Very helpful

Any other information will be greatly welcomed
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Nutrition Guidance Rss Feed