Australian Triathlon Forum Queensland » Hervey Bay Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: kaqphin, alicefoeller Reply
2010-11-05 10:30 PM

User image

Expert
Noosa
Subject: Hervey Bay Triathlon : Official Thread

Anyone else entering this race??

I've entered, thinking about how to structure my training, still seems a long way away!

For some reason this thread has appeared in the Victoria section, anyone know how to move it to Qld???? 

Edited by copa2251 2010-11-05 10:37 PM

2010-11-30 5:11 AM
in reply to: #3198069

Subject: RE: Hervey Bay Triathlon : Official Thread
Hi,

Yeah just entered and received email confirmation.

It does seem a long way off (6 months tomorrow exactly), however I know I will need every day of this time!!!!!

Just forwarded on the first newsletter to a couple of mates, hopefully we can get a few families there for the weekend.

Good luck with the training.
2010-11-30 5:11 AM

Hi,

Yeah just entered and received email confirmation.

It does seem a long way off (6 months tomorrow exactly), however I know I will need every day of this time!!!!!

Just forwarded on the first newsletter to a couple of mates, hopefully we can get a few families there for the weekend.

Good luck with the training.
2010-12-25 11:37 AM

User image

New user

Boyne Island

Sure am! it is my last race of the season, I have done a duathlon there once before and loved it..
The local crew made me feel very welcome.

There is a about 10 of us from the local area where i am from going, and a couple of lads from Brissy way thinking of coming up for it. Mad if they don't!
Should be a joyful event..

Happy Training happy racing!

2011-01-02 5:47 AM

User image

Regular
Cairns - Australia
Nice to find to Aussies on this site - not going to the tri in Hervey Bay - but it would be a good warm up the Challenge Cairns which is a month later if anyone is interested
2011-02-26 11:07 PM
in reply to: #3272055

I'm making a month of it - taking 5 weeks starting with Easter, then on the Tuesday flying to LAX-SYD (14hrs) then to direct Hervey Bay (Fraser Coast).

Be there on the Thursday for some jet lag time adj. then the OD on the Sunday, Fraser Island for three days Tue to Fri then a hire an RV and a gentle drive up the Great Barrier Reef to finish up in Cairns for the Challange race. Finally fly home and start saving and planning for next year's junket (and racing in locals less exotic over summer).

2011-04-09 7:13 AM

User image

Expert
Noosa

3 weeks to go!

Who else is doing this one?

2011-04-12 6:36 AM
in reply to: #3437300

Only two and a half weeks now...............

Apparently it was quite big in its day - however it is still looking fairly popular in '11.

Can't wait, first ever OD tri. Very very nervous but excited at the same time.

Joe

2011-04-22 7:41 AM
in reply to: #3441586

Its now only  8 sleeps. WOW time flys!!!!

Can't wait - anything under 3.5hrs will be awesome.

Good luck to all competing, see you next Sunday.

2011-05-11 5:31 AM

User image

Expert
Noosa

Just read your race report, Joe, sounds like you had a good race!

I really enjoyed it, weather was fantastic wasn't it?

Are you doing it again next year?

2011-05-11 6:04 AM
in reply to: #3492832

Hey David,

By my standards - I had an outstanding race mate!!!!

Whether a finishing time of over three hours would be considered good by some is debatable, however it was my first ever OD and it was completed on the back of a total of 7 weeks training with a starting weight of 115kg!!!

I had an absolute ball and can't wait for it to open again, as I am looking forward to it already. I just finished completing the official feedback form sent out via email and sent it back with glowing reports.

Everything about it to me was top shelf - remembering that I have no yard stick to compare it to, having never done a Noosa or Mooloolaba.

My initial thoughts are that this event will be well supported in coming years and will experience a sharp growth in popularity, time will tell.

Dave, you had a great race by the sounds of your report. The hill was a little nasty, I agree. Great stuff on your run time mate, top effort.

2011-05-12 2:14 AM

User image

Expert
Noosa
Yep, my run went really well; I was a bit disappointed with my swim time, I decided to try drafting and followed a guy around most of the swim coming out feeling pretty relaxed (which was my aim) but I think I should have picked someone a bit faster!!!Laughing
New Thread
Australian Triathlon Forum Queensland » Hervey Bay Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed