City of Temple Athletics
35F / 2C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 02m 19s
Overall Rank = 52/80
Age Group = F 50-54
Age Group Rank = 1/2
Pre-race routine:

Got up about 6 a.m. and had coffee and a bowl of oatmeal. Drove over to the race and sat in a friend's car to stay warm! Had a GU and a bottle of G2.
Event warmup:

Jogged to the bathroom and back.
Run
  • 1h 02m 19s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 10m 02s  min/mile
Comments:

Whoo hoo!! GREAT race!! It was OH, SO, COLD! Right down around the freezing mark, coldest morning so far. Somewhere between home and the start of the race I lost a glove but a nice lady was kind enough to lend me a pair, life saver!! Race started with a BIG @$$ hill! I was warmed up by the time I got done coming DOWN the hill. Just a beautiful morning, there was steam rising off the ponds, lots of sunshine, just a great day to be outside.

My dream time was to come in under an hour, and realistic goal was to come in around 1:05, so I ended up somewhere inbetween. 1st AG! But it seems there were only 2 of us, ha ha! I was really happy with my overall race, was able to negative split and felt like I finished strong and left everything out there... I could tell by the decidedly pukey feeling as I crossed the finish line! I felt some knee pain during the first 2 miles, but then it passed, and I was able to pick up the pace as we neared the turnaround. I just may be a runner!

What would you do differently?:

Push a little harder, a little sooner... I think I was capable of a pace under a 10:00 mile.
Post race
Warm down:

None, walked to the bathroom,had a couple of snacks and waited for the awards. Ran into a tri friend I hadn't seen in over a year and chatted.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Some knee pain after the big downhill. Not having raced this distance before I was afraid of going out too fast.

Last updated: 2010-10-02 12:00 AM
Running
01:02:19 | 06.21 miles | 10m 02s  min/mile
Age Group: 1/2
Overall: 52/80
Performance: Good
Course: Immediate run up a BIG hill, turnaround at the top and come back down... probably about .75 miles or so, then very flat, out into the countryside with ponds, and pastures. Slight uphill through the turnaround and then downhill back down to the flat.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes