General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Athlete's Plate v/s Athlete's Palate Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-11-27 12:12 PM

User image

Master
Dothan, Al
Subject: Athlete's Plate v/s Athlete's Palate
...any reviews, comparisons.  or recommendations on either of these books? 

2010-12-07 10:26 PM
in reply to: #3227293

New user

Subject: RE: Athlete's Plate v/s Athlete's Palate
I have the Athletes Palate.  It's a decent book, I was looking for more recipes, less stories behind the recipes.  I've tried a few, mostly pasta dishes.  That's my two cents, I don't have an opinion on the Athletes Plate. 
2010-12-08 4:54 PM

User image

Master
PNW
I have the Athlete's Plate.  When I ordered it many months ago, I was looking for more of a cookbook, so I put it aside as kind of disappointing.  I picked it up last week when I was home sick one day and started reading.  It's actually a good book!  It's more of an eating philosphy than a cookbook though.  There is a ton of 'background' on making the right food choices for your health (and somewhat for the health of the planet).  It also hits on how we find time to eat right admist work, training, family, etc.  I'm not done reading it, but it's definitely interesting so far.

There are also quite a few recipes and while I've purchased a few ingredients to try them, I haven't done so yet.  They sound delicious and super power-packed healthy (without being complicated).

If you are looking for a true cookbook, this isn't it.  If you want some inspiration to eat better and some hints on doing so...this might help you.

I don't have the Athletes Palate - so I can't make a comparison.
2011-01-19 7:24 AM

Veteran
Newmarket, Suffolk
I have both books, and I have to say that neither one is my favorite cookbook.  They both have some interesting recipes, but neither have many of them.  I would say I probably prefer the Athlete's Palate because it's just a nicer book overall (better pictures, etc), but some of the recipes have either hard-to-find ingredients or just a lot of them, which means I don't cook out of it very often.

I would agree with the previous poster... if you're looking for books with some interesting background, etc then these are an ok choice, but if you're looking for a great cookbook, don't bother with either.
2011-03-07 12:22 PM

User image

Master
Dothan, Al
Thanx all! I'll throw "Racing Weight"in the mix if anyonecan give any reviews...
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Athlete's Plate v/s Athlete's Palate Rss Feed