General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Glad to be back Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-02-20 1:01 PM

New user

Casselberry, Florida
Gold member
Subject: Glad to be back
I did my first sprint two summers ago and was instantly hooked.  However, work got in the way and my training took a backseat.  So I had big plans for last year until a stingray got a hold of my foot one day and ended my training for a few months.  

So fast forward to now and I started training again two months ago.  I couldn't swim more than 75m without stopping until last week.  I did my usual 50m intervals and figured I'd just try and keep swimming until I got tired.  Well I hit 1,000m and it felt great!   I'm not really sure what happened, I guess it finally clicked again for me, but it felt really good to just glide through the water again.

It is great to be back! 

2011-02-20 3:26 PM
in reply to: #3364035

User image

Elite
Whispering Pines, North Carolina
Subject: RE: Glad to be back
welcome back! now get back at it!
2011-02-20 3:47 PM
in reply to: #3364035

Subject: RE: Glad to be back
yaya81 - 2011-02-21 8:01 AM

I couldn't swim more than 75m without stopping until last week.  I did my usual 50m intervals and figured I'd just try and keep swimming until I got tired.  Well I hit 1,000m and it felt great!   I'm not really sure what happened, I guess it finally clicked again for me, but it felt really good to just glide through the water again.

It is great to be back! 

Hey I wonder whether you've been swimming a bit too fast up until last week. It's amazing how you managed to swim way further. Isn't it a wonderful feeling when things finally fall into place for you and you are strong and fit!

Good on you for getting back into your triathlons and good luck with the rest of your training.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Glad to be back Rss Feed