General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Well... Now I've gone and done it... Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-03-14 10:36 AM

Extreme Veteran
Subject: Well... Now I've gone and done it...

Hi Everyone,

Another newbie here.  I just registered for my first tri on June 18.  It's a super sprint so I think I should be a relatively decent shape to finish it.  I'm most concerned with the swim portion since the only swim lessons I've ever had were in 3rd grade and mostly just "here's how to float" and doggy paddling.  Otherwise I just randomly splash about in the pool.

Mainly doing this to get back in shape and get healthy.  I've been enjoying the training in three different disciplines as it breaks up the monotony of training in one sport all the time.  It's actually kind of fun to see how gains in one discipline has translated to gains in the other two. 

Anyways, hope to meet some of you guys out there and watch out for the fat asian guy!

2011-03-14 10:46 AM
in reply to: #3396828

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Well... Now I've gone and done it...
wushunut - 2011-03-14 11:36 AM

Hi Everyone,

Another newbie here.  I just registered for my first tri on June 18.  It's a super sprint so I think I should be a relatively decent shape to finish it.  I'm most concerned with the swim portion since the only swim lessons I've ever had were in 3rd grade and mostly just "here's how to float" and doggy paddling.  Otherwise I just randomly splash about in the pool.

Mainly doing this to get back in shape and get healthy.  I've been enjoying the training in three different disciplines as it breaks up the monotony of training in one sport all the time.  It's actually kind of fun to see how gains in one discipline has translated to gains in the other two. 

Anyways, hope to meet some of you guys out there and watch out for the fat asian guy!

Hey there, Welcome to BT. I wouldn't worry about the swim. I'd purchase the DVD and Book called "Total Immersion" though, Especially with your lack of swimming, this would be perfect.  That swim style will put you in the most streamlined as possible for the swim portion.  Anyway good luck, and hope your race season is a memorable one. most important though, have FUN

Scott

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Well... Now I've gone and done it... Rss Feed