General Discussion Race Reports! » Luck of the Irish Winter Championships Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Luck of the Irish Winter Championships - Run5k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Hartland, Wisconsin
United States
RACC
35F / 2C
Total Time = 19m 28s
Overall Rank = 19/406
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 3/17
Pre-race routine:

As usual for these, was up too early and tried to eat light. Arrived in plenty of time to check in. Decided to run in shorts and T shirt (less restrictive)this was a good move given the speed of a 5k, while my wife, doing 10k, was bundled up wearing tights and two long sleeve shirts.
Event warmup:

Keeping warm in building
Run
  • 00m
  • 0 miles
  •  min/mile
Comments:

Seeded myself toward the front about 10 rows back and began the uncomfortable pace that this distance requires. Made a few attempts to pass people that I was behind, but soon realized there were no slowpokes around me and I was just wasting energy. Am used to a swim and bike prior to this and seeing plenty of tired people to pass - not here, everyone was jacked up and fresh. Was trying to save something for the last third of the run which is uphill and was a little concerned as I approached the first hill that I didn't have enough left. Did pretty well up the hills but there was still a little left to the finish (3-4 tenths of mile) and this really hurt.
What would you do differently?:

Find a way to finish this distance stronger
Post race
Warm down:

Forgot to hit stop on my watch until about a minute after the finish. I think I was tired. Squatted down for a bit, probably not recommended, and watched my wife finish 10k

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Not too much. This was a good effort.

Event comments:

This was organized well and the facility was really nice to hang out in pre and post race.

Last updated: 2011-03-20 12:00 AM
Running
00:00:00 | 00 miles |  min/mile
Age Group: 0/17
Overall: 0/406
Performance: Good
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2011-03-20 6:18 PM

Subject: Luck of the Irish Winter Championships

2011-03-20 9:58 PM
in reply to: #3405837

User image

Veteran
Germantown, WI
Subject: RE: Luck of the Irish Winter Championships
Nice job out there. You are right that we must have been close the whole way but I was so focused on running I didn't pay attention if I was running with people. You finished right ahead of me. First time under 20, huh? Looks like we both blew away our PR's. Great job!!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Luck of the Irish Winter Championships Rss Feed