General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Performance pedal/shoe experience? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-08-16 3:06 PM

User image

Regular
Washington, DC
Subject: Performance pedal/shoe experience?

Performance bike has some bike shoes and pedals on sale, specifically the Forte Tri shoe and Forte pedal.  Anyone have any pros/cons or additional comments?

2005-08-16 3:08 PM
in reply to: #226641

User image

Expert
state of denial
Subject: RE: Performance pedal/shoe experience?
I have performance pedals and have no problems with them.
2005-08-16 3:17 PM

User image

Expert
Milwaukee, WI
I have Performance Forte road shoes and love them. They only have two straps per shoe. I use them for triathlon, leaving the bottom strap attached. It is just like having a "single strap" tri shoe.
2005-08-17 4:18 PM

User image

Expert

I've got Forte SPD pedals and whatever the Performance brand shoes are.  Never had a single problem.

2005-08-22 12:17 PM

Birmingham, AL
I bought the Forte pedal shoe combo last year--it's a LOOK style pedal. I think they are great for the price, but I do feel you pay for what you get. I've never tried other shoes or pedals so take this with a grain of salt. The shoes are light, but don't seem to really hug my foot. The sole is not very stiff, so I feel like I'm loosing power on each stroke. But dispite that, I do like the two velcro straps, especially for transitions. An aside... I fold the tongue up between the top strap and close it. That way it makes for a very easy slip in during the transition. I can't say much about the pedals, mostly because I wouldn't know what to look for, but I feel they give me enough lateral "float" and they are pretty easy to clip into.

Overall, I think unless you can afford the crazy prices for separate pedals and shoes and are just getting into it, then go with these (that's what I did). However, if you think you are going to stick with tris for a long time, try to buy the best that you can afford because your pedals will last longer than your bike probably.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Performance pedal/shoe experience? Rss Feed