Australian Triathlon Forum Queensland » --- Rss Feed  
Moderators: kaqphin, alicefoeller Reply
2011-04-01 7:06 AM

User image

Regular
Cairns - Australia
Subject: ---
Any Aussies out there, you know how this site has mentor programs, does anyone in Australia do this, I am with a mentor group at the moment, they all seem to be great people but it is hard for me to follow as they talk in miles and farenheit and I don't know the geography of the areas.  So it would be more beneficial to me if there was an Aussie mentor group to join in the next one they have.

2011-04-01 9:49 PM
in reply to: #3424853

User image

Expert
Noosa
Subject: RE: ---

Hi,

I live on the Sunshine Coast near Noosa, this is my first triathlon season and I'm part of Chet's mentor group.

The miles/km's thing hasn't been an issue really, a lot of the USA races seem to be 5k's, 10k's, HM's etc so not hard to see what they're talking about.

I's been interesting hearing how people are coping training in ice and snow whilst I've been dealing with humidity and hydration problems (you're probably an expert living in Cairns!!!).

Maybe you could start a training thread on the Aus tri forum, I'd be happy to join in.

Cheers,

David

2011-04-01 9:57 PM
in reply to: #3426177

User image

Regular
Cairns - Australia
Subject: Any Aussie Mentors
copa2251 - 2011-04-02 1:49 PM

Hi,

I live on the Sunshine Coast near Noosa, this is my first triathlon season and I'm part of Chet's mentor group.

The miles/km's thing hasn't been an issue really, a lot of the USA races seem to be 5k's, 10k's, HM's etc so not hard to see what they're talking about.

I's been interesting hearing how people are coping training in ice and snow whilst I've been dealing with humidity and hydration problems (you're probably an expert living in Cairns!!!).

Maybe you could start a training thread on the Aus tri forum, I'd be happy to join in.

Cheers,

David

I agree with you there on finding that all interesting, but it would just be a bit better if we had someone on our level training in the same kind of conditions.  I don't think I'm qualified to be a mentor, hopefully someone will read this and volunteer.

Edited by lizmoll 2011-04-01 9:59 PM
New Thread
Australian Triathlon Forum Queensland » --- Rss Feed