Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2005-08-18 7:12 PM
in reply to: #227702

User image

Extreme Veteran
Northwest Ohio
Subject: RE: How to pass the time on a run
I totally understand the "zoning out" benefits of running---I do that, too, sometimes. But---if you were planning to do intervals or speed drills, doesn't it seem like more fun to be racing your training partner(s) to the next stop sign rather than just running around a track or whatever? And we push each other. If I'm running alone, I might be tempted to slack off one day if I was a bit unmotivated. But when I run with other people, there is no way I'm going to slow them down (and I try not to let them run faster than me, but sometimes that's a challenge!) And we give each other a hard time if one is trying to slack off too much. So, that's my point. Making the training run more enjoyable.

2005-08-18 9:17 PM
in reply to: #228114

User image

Regular
Woodbine, MD
rollinbones - 2005-08-18 1:34 PM
Just focus on my form. In fact, when I see people ask how to get faster the first thing I think of is ditch the mp3.

It's totally the opposite for me, and I have decent run times. The SINGLE most effective change I made to my run training was adding my mp3 with fast, motivating music.

I never think about form unless running up a hill or specifically doing a speed workout.

I should add ... I just love to run for the sake of running. It is absolutely my favorite physical activity and I am smiling most of the time that I'm running because it just makes me feel happy.
2005-08-20 9:35 PM
in reply to: #227702

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2005-08-21 9:14 AM
in reply to: #229764

Expert
New Orleans, LA

betsybromley - 2005-08-20 9:35 PM I put in flight spanish on my ipod, why not learn another language while I'm out there.

You know, that's a really good idea.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » How to pass the time on a run Rss Feed  

of 2