General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Specialized TriVent shoe owners Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-04-20 3:52 PM

User image

Regular
Carrollton, TX
Subject: Specialized TriVent shoe owners

For those of you who use the Specialized TriVent shoes and keep the shoes on the pedals for T1:

Whenever I jump on the bike and start pedaling with my feet on top of the shoes, the straps velcro together, and i am not able to easily slide my feet in.  Is there a way to keep them from closing, or do I just need to get my toes in, reach down and unvelcro the straps, slide my foot in, then velcro back up?

2011-04-20 3:57 PM
in reply to: #3457314

Indianapolis
Subject: RE: Specialized TriVent shoe owners
I pedal to get up to speed with my feet on top of my TriVent's.  Your right it does screw up the Velcro no matter how large you originally open it up.  Once I get up to speed, I flip it up with my toes and slide the foot half in, reach down and open the Velcro again, slide the foot all the way in and then just close the large strap.  The small strap I never touch.  Repeat on the opposite side.
2011-04-20 4:04 PM

User image

Regular
Carrollton, TX

I've played around with sticking the velcro strap to itself, but at a point where it stays as open as possible...this sometimes works, other times it separates and closes completely when I step on it.  Guess I'll just get used to unvelcroing and velcroing back.

Do the shoes that have the straps open the opposite way take care of this problem?  What is the purpose of the tab on the TriVent shoe straps?  I thought the point was to keep the straps from closing.

2011-04-24 2:30 PM

User image

Veteran
The Beautiful San Fernando Valley in Sunny L.A.
Hmm. I leave the little strap closed and open the big one all the way. Don't have any problems. Just reach down, hold the toe, start to put my foot in, grab the loop and put my foot all the way in. My Trivents are SO much easier than cycling shoes I was using the last two seasons (as you can imagine).
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Specialized TriVent shoe owners Rss Feed