General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Special Olympics Volunteer Opportunity at Soldier Field Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-04-21 6:58 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lockport, IL
Subject: Special Olympics Volunteer Opportunity at Soldier Field

Hey Illinois BTers!

I work for Bank of America and as a sponsor of the Special Olympics, they are asking for volunteers to be greeters as the athletes are introduced and exit the tunnel.  Taken from the preliminary material I've received:

Special Olympics Opening Ceremonies
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
9:00 a.m. 12:00 p.m.

You will be asked to cheer, “high five” or do whatever you can to make it a truly great experience for all of the athletes.

I would like to hav a complete list by April 27th so that I can submit a final list on April 28th, so please PM me if you are interested.  These are the extent of the details that I have so far.

I am really excited about this.  I'll close out before I wax rhapsodic about competitice spirit and can-do attitudes that we all share and that we will support that day.

Edited by robburkett 2011-04-21 7:07 AM

2011-04-21 11:48 AM
in reply to: #3458103

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: Special Olympics Volunteer Opportunity at Soldier Field
Thank you for posting this.   Do you have any information about volunteer opportunities during the actual events?  All I found on the site is to email someone regarding information, just curious to see if you knew anything. 
2011-04-21 12:34 PM
in reply to: #3458878

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lockport, IL
Subject: RE: Special Olympics Volunteer Opportunity at Soldier Field

chicagosurfer - 2011-04-21 11:48 AM Thank you for posting this.   Do you have any information about volunteer opportunities during the actual events?  All I found on the site is to email someone regarding information, just curious to see if you knew anything. 

My apologies, I don't have any other information.  This was sent to me by the Chicago-area events coordinator from the bank.  I haven't seen anything regarding volunteering during actual events.  I can imagine that being more fun than greeting, which will still be a blast!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Special Olympics Volunteer Opportunity at Soldier Field Rss Feed