General Discussion Triathlon Talk » XTERRA Ft. Yargo -- Athlete Down Status???? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-05-01 5:00 PM

User image

Regular
Wilmington
Subject: XTERRA Ft. Yargo -- Athlete Down Status????
Raced at Yargo yesterday and an athlete went down, CPR performed by a few medical professionals that were either racing or spectating until paramedics arrived, and he was taken away by Ambulance. Have not seen anything in the local papers, Winder or Athens, and I am just praying for some good news.

2011-05-03 10:14 AM
in reply to: #3476197

Subject: RE: XTERRA Ft. Yargo -- Athlete Down Status????

I was reading the forum this morning and then got a call from my wife. She was talking to her friend who had run a 1/2 marathon this past weekend with her close friend. After it was over they got a call about her close friends husband collapsing at his triathlon outside of Atlanta. I assume it was Ft. Yargo but not 100%.

She got the worst news possible he had passed away. They are not sure why as they are doing an autopsy later, said he had some problems with blood clotting in the past.

He was only 36 with two young boys, keep the family in your prayers.

2011-05-03 2:07 PM
in reply to: #3479600

User image

Master
Roswell, GA
Subject: RE: XTERRA Ft. Yargo -- Athlete Down Status????
sbbarnes - 2011-05-03 11:14 AM

I was reading the forum this morning and then got a call from my wife. She was talking to her friend who had run a 1/2 marathon this past weekend with her close friend. After it was over they got a call about her close friends husband collapsing at his triathlon outside of Atlanta. I assume it was Ft. Yargo but not 100%.

She got the worst news possible he had passed away. They are not sure why as they are doing an autopsy later, said he had some problems with blood clotting in the past.

He was only 36 with two young boys, keep the family in your prayers.

Oh wow.  So sorry to hear this.  My heart goes out to his family.  Thoughts and prayers for sure. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » XTERRA Ft. Yargo -- Athlete Down Status???? Rss Feed