General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Beginner Tri Training? Essex/Middlesex County Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-05-03 7:50 PM

Subject: Beginner Tri Training? Essex/Middlesex County
Hi All!  Two of my friends and I are looking into Beginner Tri Training for a Sprint Distance.  We live in Essex (West Orange and Verona) and Middlesex (Sayerville) Counties.  Any suggestions of clubs/groups to look into??  Any and all suggestions are much appreciated!!!  We're also looking into swimming specific (VERY beginner) lessons to help get started. Group or individual.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions! 

2011-05-12 12:51 PM
in reply to: #3480721

User image

Subject: RE: Beginner Tri Training? Essex/Middlesex County
I have not gone but have heard good things about the swim classes at Lifetime Fitness in Floram Park.
2011-05-13 12:12 PM

Just the thing you're looking for!

http://centraljerseytri.com/

I'm not a formal member, but I swim with their coach at the RWJ Fitness Center in Scotch Plains regularly. Come by!

We swim at Tuesdays at 7 and are generally shooting for longer distances, but I think she has some shorter distance athletes in another group.

2011-05-14 8:29 AM

User image

Come join Team NRGY!  http://www.teamnrgy.com/  We are based out of Montclair, and we do regular swim practice on Wed nights at the Clifton Boys and Girls Club so we are close to you.  There are quite a few folks on the team who are training for longer HIM/IM distance, but there are also plenty (like me) who are training for sprint/Olympic distances. 

If you don't want a team, I can recommend the Montclair YMCA for beginner swim lessons.  I went there when I was first starting out and they helped tremendously.  Many local YMCAs/JCCs offer beginner swim lessons for adults and they can tailor them for whatever level you are at.  I already knew how to swim, but having a coach watch me has helped my technique and endurance greatly.

Welcome and Good luck!

Mary Sue

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Beginner Tri Training? Essex/Middlesex County Rss Feed