General Discussion Race Reports! » Lincolnton 5K, Biathlon, & Kids Biathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Lincolnton 5K, Biathlon, & Kids Biathlon - Biathlon (run/bike)

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Lincolnton, North Carolina
United States
Linconton Multisport Club
85F / 29C
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 08m 59s
Overall Rank = 59/62
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 7/7
Pre-race routine:

Up at 4:30am, walked the dogs, got kid ready, car full and drove 1 hour to race site
Event warmup:

Just walked around, waiting...
Run
  • 31m 4s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 09m 59s  min/mile
Comments:

Started good, without a watch I knew I was little faster than used to, right after mile marker 2 walked a little and back running for the final .25 mile or so.
What would you do differently?:

get a watch to pace and not have to walk at the end
Transition 1
  • 01m 14s
Comments:

Just got my helmet, drank some water and left

Maybe have an extra bottle of water so I wuld have more water left during the ride.
Bike
  • 1h 36m 41s
  • 20 miles
  • 12.41 mile/hr
Comments:

Just started when the rider in front of me dropped her water bottle, stoped and gave it to her, got back up to speed and maybe 1 or 2 miles later thare was a rider with a flat tire. Decided to stop and help him. Everybody passed us when we were changing his tire, I left him when all he had left to do was mount the tire back, around mile 8 I passed one rider and shortly after the guy I helped passed me, by mile 15 I had no water left and the sun was very hot, I passed two more riders and just kept my pace to the end.

My main goal is to finish so didn't bother me much wasting a lot of time helping the fellow rider with his tire. If would be 20 minutes faster without helping him, but with the end of the world just a few hours away I didn't want to waste a chance to go up and not down :-P
Post race
Warm down:

Drank some more water, watched the give away prizes and medals for the first places. The guy I helped came talk with us.

Event comments:

Nice race, it was a first time they had and it was well organized in my opinion. they had some fruits, water and energy drinks available, also door prizes from sponsors.
There was a kids race little later but my daughter didn't wast to go so I drove 1 hour back home

Last updated: 2011-03-07 12:00 AM
Running
00:31:04 | 03.11 miles | 09m 59s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/7
Overall: 0/62
Performance: Good
Course: It was a loop around the Lincolntown Middle School, out onto the street, little down hill, few turns and back up hill on a gravel road. Last .5 mile was uphill.
Keeping cool Good Drinking
T1
Time: 01:14
Overall: Good
Run with bike?
Jump on bike?
Getting up to speed and into shoes: Good
Biking
01:36:41 | 20 miles | 12.41 mile/hr
Age Group: 7/7
Overall: 7/62
Performance: Good
Wind: Little
Course: Nice back roads, it was a big square route with nice hills. very well marked.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2011-05-23 12:00 PM

User image

Longview, Texas
Subject: Lincolnton 5K, Biathlon, & Kids Biathlon
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Lincolnton 5K, Biathlon, & Kids Biathlon Rss Feed