Other Resources My Cup of Joe » My season's over. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2005-08-29 9:28 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lafayette, CO
Subject: My season's over.
So, I fell off my bike a week or so ago and today I found out I'm having surgery for a torn meniscus. I know it's not a big surgery, but I am so bummed. I had an AWESOME first tri earlier this month, and had even registered for another one on Sept. 11 (which I plan to go to anyway, to cheer on my fellow BT'ers...) But in the meantime (pre-op), I can't run OR bike (because of the location of the tear...) and my access to a pool is about to become really limited. She even told me not to do any karate but I will get tough and just do some slow kata (I CANNOT give up karate). Anyway What can I do to keep myself "in shape" if not cardiovascularly, more muscularly. Basically I want to make sure I'm ready for ski season here in a few months and I don't want to lose all the strides I've made in the last few months. I have an exercise ball...anyone have any succeess stories for me? And how can I keep myself from getting totally depressed? Like I said, I know this surgery isn't a big deal, but I'm just feeling frustrated tonight. Thanks, folks!

2005-08-29 10:30 PM
in reply to: #237078

User image

Master
Centennial, CO
Subject: RE: My season's over.
That sucks. Sorry to hear that. Your right that the surgery for a medial meniscus tear is not a big deal, but make sure you get Physical therapy afterwards. This will decrease your rehab time and make sure you come back strong. I have a co-worker who against my advice, didn't ask his doctor for therapy, and 4 months later is still not back to running.

Which event were you signed up for? I'm doing the Fall Frenzy on Sept. 11th. Can't wait...

Good luck with the surgery.
2005-08-30 10:15 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lafayette, CO
I was signed up for the Ft. Collins tri...know anyone who wants to buy my entry? Actually I don't know if that's legal but I'll check if someone's interested.
2005-08-31 7:14 AM

User image

Elite
Preferably on my bike somewhere
Sorry to hear about the fall and the end of your season. Take care of your knee and get ready for the ski season - and tri season next year.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » My season's over. Rss Feed