General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » encouraged despite of the age factor Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2003-09-28 11:21 PM

Subject: encouraged despite of the age factor
I'm Nelson Concepcion, and I'm now in my mid forties. I"m not a strong swimmer but I swim 3 times a week (min. of 500m and max 2000m), I ran almost every morning and bike during weekends. I was encouraged by this site when I read one of the post that says, he's 51 years old and still want to be a triathlete.

I'm sure this site could encouraged more former athlete like me to still be active despite of the age factor.

2003-09-29 6:18 PM
in reply to: #993

User image

Central Louisiana
Subject: RE: encouraged despite of the age factor
In the last race that I competed in, I had the opportunity to once again see a gentleman in his seventies. He is out there at just about every tri that I have been in and at seventy; he just gives us a lot of hope to make it a sport for life. I hope that I'm still out there one day in spite of age.

Don't let age be a factor. Train smart and kick some young butt!

Still Tri'n
Michael
2003-09-29 10:12 PM
in reply to: #993

Regular
Springfield, Ohio
Subject: RE: encouraged despite of the age factor
Nelson,
The age factor is mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter. My midlife crisis this year was to do my first tri at 45. This after years of minimal training. It cracks me up when I read posts on this site about half marathoners and marathoners getting ready to do their first tri. Please, I mean no offense, but these folks have got to be in awesome shape already.
So, Nelson, come on in, the water's fine. You'll have a blast. You'll get in better shape, probably lose some weight, and find an inner reserve that you didn't know you have.
Neil
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » encouraged despite of the age factor Rss Feed