General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Naylor's Beach Tri 2011 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-08-14 10:58 AM

User image

New user

Subject: Naylor's Beach Tri 2011

Howdy,

My 1st ever multi sport event will be Naylor's Beach Olympic Aquabike at the end of September.  Does anyone know if water temps this year look like wetsuits will be allowed?  If so I am leaning towards buying a beginners full wetsuit.  I want to try to get some openwater practice/experience in Haymarket so figured better to just buy a suit than to pay $35 in early Sept to practice and another $35 to rent a suit for race.

Any other tips for a newbie for the swim or T1?

Thanks,

Tony

2011-08-22 10:27 AM
in reply to: #3642834

New user

Subject: RE: Naylor's Beach Tri 2011

Might not help but last year they were, not by much I don't think.  The water is definetly warm enough to do without if you choose.

Swim (if same course).  Brackish, Against current to first marker, then long straight down current to second bouy, then the tough part, swimming for the exit with the current pushing you down.  That is when I felt it the most.  Current is not real bad, it is just there.  Parts from bouy to swim exit you can actually stand if need be.

T1. Not much to say here, fire crew with hose to spray your feet as you run by.  Transition here is not too crowded, it is a great beginner race.

I am doing the sprint this year.

Good luck

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Naylor's Beach Tri 2011 Rss Feed