Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Holiday plans recommendations? Mexico, Costa Rica, or nothing? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2011-10-31 9:15 AM

User image

Regular
Miami, FL
Subject: Holiday plans recommendations? Mexico, Costa Rica, or nothing?

So I'm at a bit of a crossroads here.  My original plans were to go to Mexico City  and spend Christmas and New Year's eve with my ex girlfriend and her family.  The key part here is "ex".  I broke up with her three weeks ago.  So now I have a plane ticket to Mexico, and nowhere to really go.  I could still go, but then I would have to figure out what to do, get a hotel (which will probably be expensive given the dates), and figure how to get around.  I've been to Mexico City a couple of times, so I've seen most of the big attractions.

I could just give up that ticket and get another ticket to go to Costa Rica (where I'm originally from).  The ticket would be a bit expensive, but then I don't have to worry about hotel, and get to see my friends and family.  I'm also going to Costa Rica on thanksgiving, so I'll also see some people at that time.

Finally, I could stick around Miami and just lay low.  My wallet favors this option for obvious reasons.

So I'm looking for a bit of COJ wisdom. What do you guys think?

2011-10-31 9:22 AM
in reply to: #3745237

Master
Houston, TX
Subject: RE: Holiday plans recommendations? Mexico, Costa Rica, or nothing?

If you don't have money to blow, I'd say transfer your ticket to the thanksgiving flight and stick around Miami.  I'm betting you'll be thankful for it later.  Or if you already have thanksgiving bought, then transfer it to Christmas and see your family then too.

If you do have money to blow or are just DIEING to get away, then I say pick somewhere you want to go that you haven't been before and make a get away out of it.  take an impromptu trip to anywhere and enjoy it!

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Holiday plans recommendations? Mexico, Costa Rica, or nothing? Rss Feed