General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Combining weight training and cardio Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2003-10-14 6:39 PM

Subject: Combining weight training and cardio
I'm very new to the Triathalon scene,...about 2 weeks into it new. I'm fortunate enough though that I don't have to overcome some excess weight before training. Actually, I'm just the opposite. I'm 6'4", and fluctuating 180 - 190 lbs. I can appreciate that the Triathalon takes a high quantity of cardio training; however, I'm sure there is some upper body training to be undertaken for the swim portion. Yes/no?
Can anyone tell me how they combined the two in the beginning of there Triathalon experience (cardio and weights). Keep in mind that I'm married, twin girls (9 months old), and a full time job. Fortunately the company I work for has a gym accessible to me. Doing a triathalon (and more depending how I make out), is an acoomplishment for me. I'm athletic to begin with (slightly out of shape, but can rebound with some sweat, and not afraid to).
Any suggestions/programs are welcomed.

Rich

2003-10-16 3:51 PM
in reply to: #1212

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2003-10-16 4:07 PM
in reply to: #1212

Champion
Gold member
Subject: if time is short

you can get away with 2 days of training.  take a look of the program on the site (lara has it linked) and double it up.  u can even go down to 3 sets per exercise instead of 5 and get great benefits.  if u just want strength and conditioning, keep your reps b/w 10-15, sets ~3.  the sites program emphasizes mass more - going down to ~5 reps.

it all depends on what u want to accomplish.  let me know and i'll try to help out more if needed. 

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Combining weight training and cardio Rss Feed