General Discussion Triathlon Talk » My first tri in Galveston cancelled??? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2006-02-07 4:29 PM
in reply to: #340961

User image

Dallas, TX
Subject: RE: My first tri in Galveston cancelled???

It'll be a wait and see thing for me.  Right now it still doesn't look too good.

Different for you if you paid, bet no money will be given back, race or no race.

2006-02-07 5:25 PM
in reply to: #330943

New user

San Antonio, Tx
Subject: RE: My first tri in Galveston cancelled???
I'm a newbie and was very much looking forward to this being my first ever event. It looked on the outside as the perfect place to get introduced to the world of triathlons. However, after reading the reviews posted on the Houston racing forum and other racers' inputs, I WILL NOT be participating. While I still believe that this could be a great learning experience for us beginners, assuming the reports are accurate, I refuse to support this Race Director or the organization he represents. (READ THE REPORT) If we continue to support him, he'll just keep on coming, preying primarily on more newcomers year after year, which I believe is a dis-service to the sport. There are other "rookie friendly" events that I will enter instead. This is just "MY opinion". Each individual is free to choose to participate or not. Let your conscience be your guide.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » My first tri in Galveston cancelled??? Rss Feed  

of 3