General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Out of the shadows Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2003-10-26 4:59 PM

New user

western ma
Subject: Out of the shadows
Hi! I guess a more accurate handle would be "tri wannabee". I'm a 40-something F who decided that I wanted to make healthy lifestyle changes. Athletic ability? Only if you count walking from my apartment to my car. Joined a gym in August. Am hoping to take some swimming lessons there (I wouldn't drown but could hardly be considered a swimmer.) I do have a mountain bike that I ride on a local trail. And I'm a walker - recently did a 10k walk for the homeless here. Took 2 1/2 hours to do so but I completed it.

On my last birthday I decided that I wanted to do something very different to celebrate my next birthday. Entertained a lot of ideas then found info on the Danskin race on line. Since one of this year's dates fell within a week of my b'day, I decided that that's what I'd do.
There. I've said it. Now I'm committed to it. :)

I've been reading a lot on this site and getting a lot of good beginner info. I've purchased an undated calendar to record goals and progress (can bring it to the gym and record as I go.)
Have been getting up early to do a combo walk/run before heading off to work. I think I should be ready for next summer's race. ;-)

Edited by tri newbee0720 2003-10-26 5:13 PM

2003-10-26 5:28 PM
in reply to: #1431

User image

Central Louisiana
Subject: RE: Out of the shadows
First don't doubt yourself! Belive in youself and never give up. You can count on support from the folks here at BT and if you have any questions, ask them on the board and it is likely that someone else has faced the same problem.

Still Tri'n
Michael
2003-10-26 7:11 PM
in reply to: #1431

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: Out of the shadows

we've been waiting for your appearance nanci!

sounds like u have a great plan so far...we hope to hear on your progress.

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Out of the shadows Rss Feed