General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Timex Ironman SDM - Data Recorder issue Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-05-27 2:26 PM

User image

Expert
England
Subject: Timex Ironman SDM - Data Recorder issue

I have the Timex Ironman watch, HRM & GPS unit and have been thinking of getting the data recorder to upload info to my PC. Reading the UK Runners World forums, there have been huge issues with the data recorder units (not the watch etc) and several people have been told by Timex in the last couple of days that ALL data recorders sold so far and on sale now are FAULTY - SO DO NOT BUY ONE!

Many people have sent them back and received replacements and all are faulty as well. It appears they do not yet have any that are working - the issue is that after a couple of uses, they switch themselves off after a few seconds and cannot be made to stay on. They appear to switch on but then die a few seconds later. No amount of resetting will correct it.

There were numerous complaints from people who bought both European and US stocks so beware. I have no issues or reasons to stop you buying Timex or to slander them etc and I have 2 watches and the other GPS/HRM units myself which are excellent. The thread is at:

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/forummessages.asp?dt=4&UTN=36474&srchdte=0&last=1&V=6&SP=328512336288364875484

Just dont want anyone to waste their hard earned on this particular problem.......

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Timex Ironman SDM - Data Recorder issue Rss Feed