Sunny
Total Time = 1h 06m 52s
Overall Rank = 49/428
Age Group = 40-44
Age Group Rank = 6/
Pre-race routine:

Normal morning protein shake.
Event warmup:

Walked to the course 1/2 mile from home and did a few quick accelerations just to get blood flowing.
Run
  • 1h 06m 52s
  • 9.32 miles
  • 07m 10s  min/mile
Comments:

The run was not too bad all things considered. I did not take much time off from IMFL (maybe 3 days) and then ran a 5K and have been incorporating intervals and looking at a February marathon. My legs need a break and that was evident in today's run. I just felt tired and my legs weren't fresh.

I still have major operator error issues with my Timex Ironman GPS watch so I wasn't able to get distance or pacing because the GPS stopped before race start (apparently there is an auto shut-off feature if you don't start exercising within so many minutes of turning on the GPS). I basically just noted heart rate and time which was spot on with the course time.
What would you do differently?:

Rest more after a full IM 3 weeks ago. This probably should have been the first attempt at speed work after IM, without the 5K and track intervals in between. Split wise, I can't complain. My training runs pre-IM were 7:15 - 7:20 over 8-10 miles when I felt fresher.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked it out

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Lack of rest/worn legs.

Event comments:

I think the course is challenging and I liked that. I felt like I had to work for it. It was nice to see some 5,000 folks out for either the 1M, 5K, 10K or 15K today!

Last updated: 2011-11-24 12:00 AM
Running
01:06:52 | 9.32 miles | 07m 10s  min/mile
Age Group: 6/
Overall: 49/428
Performance: Average
Course: The course was pretty challenging today. There were several rollers to contend with (nothing too major-this is Florida, mind you) along with some windy conditions that made you dig a bit deeper than a flat and fast course. The course itself is nice in that it traverses Tallahassee's Southwood area which is a newer development with nice housing and a nice golf course.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes