General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Denver/Highlands Ranch, CO area bike paths -- away from traffic -- extended distances Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-04-30 1:06 PM

User image

Regular
Highlands Ranch, Colorado, USA
Subject: Denver/Highlands Ranch, CO area bike paths -- away from traffic -- extended distances
I live in the Highlands Ranch, CO area and was wondering if there are any bike paths of longer distances in the area which don't involve having to deal with 'car' traffic. My purpose is to get some longer rides in to increase my endurance and abilities on the bike without having to deal with distracted drivers on the roadways. The bike routes at Chatfield seem to be pretty good, and although there is traffic, I would think they would be more cognizant of bikers since it is a park area and there are many bikers there seemingly all the time.

Thanks.

Edited by jeffreyk 2006-04-30 1:12 PM

2006-04-30 1:12 PM
in reply to: #410377

User image

Master
Centennial, CO
Subject: RE: Denver/Highlands Ranch, CO area bike paths -- away from traffic -- extended distances
There are plenty.... You can actually do 50+ miles with very little road(traffic interaction). I like to start from Bike Source at County Line and University and take the c-470 trail to Chatfield Res., Ride around the res and back for an easy 25 miles. Or you can stay on the trail and go around toward Kipling, Bowles and eventually end up at Bear Creek. or you can head north from Santa Fe and take the South Platte river trail to down town and then head east to Cherry Creek Resevour or Shorter to Wash Park. You can actually make a long ride out of these options. If you don't mind a little road action, you can even make a full loop around the City of about 60 miles.

There is also the road up deer creek canyon and High Grade(I think that is the name for some very hard climbing. Or go into Waterton Canyon area.

If you want some more info, feel free to PM me.

Thanks,

Dan
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Denver/Highlands Ranch, CO area bike paths -- away from traffic -- extended distances Rss Feed