General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pf bump? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-11-30 8:00 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Georgia
Subject: Pf bump?
I'm about 3 years into pf both feet, doing much better, still have some slight discomfort here and there, (pushing shopping carts always gets me..)but Im back to easy running. So, I'm noticing lately that any of my footwear that has arch support starts to cause an ache. Running my fingers across the plantar tendon I notice a small bump just in front of the heels. Of course I'll mention this to my sports pod on next follow up, but I thought I'd throw it out there to see if any of you notice this. I'm guessing the arch supports press on this bump causing pressure and discomfort. I can go in flat shoes longer these days but it's a trade off, if I stand still for extended time in a shoe with no arch support,I'll get the ache. I did notice a softer insert helped. I may switch over to the lynco from my sole brand. But even with the stock sock liner in my glycerins I'm noticing this bump area getting sore..maybe time to dremel out the insoles to relieve this area..kidding..almost. Anyone else have the pf bump?

2011-11-30 8:27 AM
in reply to: #3920210

User image

Veteran
Chicago
Subject: RE: Pf bump?
The only kind of arch support I can tolerate is very soft.  I like there to be a lot of it but it has to be cushioned.  Maybe that would help? 
2011-11-30 1:06 PM
in reply to: #3920210

New user
Subject: RE: Pf bump?

I'm not sure what the bump you are feeling is but it could be a knot. i would try to massage it out. 

A couple of things that helped me, I know everyone is different but knowledge is power.

First massaging, ice, and stretching never got rid of it for me. It would lessen the pain but it'd still be there. 

I ended up only walking around in a minimal type shoe and work on strengthening the arch. Doing things like bare foot calf raise of a stair, standing on one foot and closing my eyes. 

The flat shoe actually helped because it forced my foot to build the proper muscle rather than getting the support from somewhere else. 

This is my n=1 experience but I know it has helped others and might help you

Good luck

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pf bump? Rss Feed