BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Razorxp & KCgolf RFP group! CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 43

2012-04-06 6:45 PM
in reply to: #4134780

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
Subject: RE: Razorxp & KCgolf RFP group! CLOSED
kcgolf - 2012-04-06 6:30 PM

One more thing - I know this group is coming to an end for a lot of you - just wondering if any of you are considering joining other groups? I plan on staying here - I need my team to help me get to and hopefully finish IM NYC.

I was wondering.  Hell, I still connect with an active archived group from 2 years ago.    

Tim, I'm at the finish line, brother, from 3:30 to 8.  I'll be there when you cross!

2012-04-06 9:01 PM
in reply to: #3943322

User image

Veteran
Milwaukee, WI

Hello Team!

I had a TERRIBLE day yesterday- had a major disaster involving school that required my full attention.  So no training yesterday- but today I went out to Madison and rode two loops of the course- 80 miles!  I took out my stress on the hills.  Those hills are rough two times through!  But, did it and finished the 80 miles in 5:45 (for me, that is a HUGE improvement from October!) Tomorrow I am running a half marathon- not racing, just easy run for 4, race 5, cool down the remaining miles.

I will be staying on this group until IMWI- I like this team!

Jenny

2012-04-07 9:38 PM
in reply to: #4134913

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
Jennifers - 2012-04-06 9:01 PM

Hello Team!

I had a TERRIBLE day yesterday- had a major disaster involving school that required my full attention.  So no training yesterday- but today I went out to Madison and rode two loops of the course- 80 miles!  I took out my stress on the hills.  Those hills are rough two times through!  But, did it and finished the 80 miles in 5:45 (for me, that is a HUGE improvement from October!) Tomorrow I am running a half marathon- not racing, just easy run for 4, race 5, cool down the remaining miles.

Jenny

One idea, just keep in mind the hills don't get any smaller on the second loop.  Be sure to try to spin up them and not power up them.  Try to keep your power from spiking.  Over that course, it can make a huge difference. Good luck.  If you get done before 8, I'll see you at the finish line!

2012-04-08 8:05 AM
in reply to: #4134792

User image

Expert

Nice - I doubt I will see you before 8pm but if for some unknown reason I do that will be great!

IceManScott - 2012-04-06 6:45 PM

One more thing - I know this group is coming to an end for a lot of you - just wondering if any of you are considering joining other groups? I plan on staying here - I need my team to help me get to and hopefully finish IM NYC.

I was wondering.  Hell, I still connect with an active archived group from 2 years ago.    

Tim, I'm at the finish line, brother, from 3:30 to 8.  I'll be there when you cross!

2012-04-08 8:07 AM
in reply to: #4134913

User image

Expert

Great job on the improvement Jenny!  It's nice when all that hard work pays off.  I can't wait to get out there and see the course - only seen it on Spinerval DVD haha.  Have fun at the 1/2 today.

Jennifers - 2012-04-06 9:01 PM

Hello Team!

Jenny

2012-04-08 8:10 AM
in reply to: #4134780

User image

Expert

I am in.  Maybe we should try and open it up one more time and see who we get.  I think we just had bad luck last time with a lot of people dropping out (real fast).  This group is great and I expect that will really be leaning on everyone for some type of support once the training gets real tough.

2012-04-08 10:04 AM
in reply to: #4136433

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
tmoran80 - 2012-04-08 8:10 AM

I am in.  Maybe we should try and open it up one more time and see who we get.  I think we just had bad luck last time with a lot of people dropping out (real fast).  This group is great and I expect that will really be leaning on everyone for some type of support once the training gets real tough.

Are you in a new group?  What's the name?

2012-04-09 8:05 AM
in reply to: #4136433

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hi Team.

Tim  -  If you want to send in a request for a new group Tim - I will help out or we can all just say here - let me know your thougts.

KC

tmoran80 - 2012-04-08 9:10 AM

2012-04-09 8:07 AM
in reply to: #4136549

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hi IceMan.

I am not in a new group yet - but I am open to suggestions - I would really like to keep hanging out with whoever decides they want to from this group.

KC

IceManScott - 2012-04-08 11:04 AM
tmoran80 - 2012-04-08 8:10 AM

Are you in a new group?  What's the name?

2012-04-09 3:33 PM

User image

Expert

So I am gonna go to LBS today to try and figure out what my options are for gearing.  I have this vintage SunTour freewheel with the following gearing:

13-15-17-21-24-30

My big chain is 52/42.  I wanna see if I can upgrade to a 7 speed and possibly even change my wheel set.  I have 126mm spacing and it seems like most modern wheel hubs require 130mm but I think I can still use it and just spread the forks 2mm on each side.  I am just learning all this bike crap and am starting to get a good idea of what I need - but I am worried that using anything "vintage" is not conducive to Ironman competition.  I am just having visions of the Ford Edge Ironman Bike vehicle pulling up to me on the side of the road and I am asking them if they have any vintage parts in there? -haha.

We'll see what they say...

2012-04-10 6:12 AM

User image

Veteran

So, I go away for a vacation and the group gets archived?!?!  We need to start up a new group and get those of us that have been active to find some more.  We have had a great time motivating and encouraging each other.

I want to see KC through IM NYC, Jennifer and Tim through WI, and I can't wait to see what info the Ice Man comes back from ITCA with in the following months.

2012-04-10 6:29 AM
in reply to: #4139949

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hi Brian.

Welcome back - we missed you Laughing.

I hope all is well with the job and the family.

Tim and I have spoken about a new group and I would love to be a part of it - what's next? Who wants to put in for it? I know the Coach will participate.

KC

Skinny Arm Brian - 2012-04-10 7:12 AM

So, I go away for a vacation and the group gets archived?!?!  We need to start up a new group and get those of us that have been active to find some more.  We have had a great time motivating and encouraging each other.

I want to see KC through IM NYC, Jennifer and Tim through WI, and I can't wait to see what info the Ice Man comes back from ITCA with in the following months.

Edited by kcgolf 2012-04-10 6:30 AM
2012-04-10 1:52 PM

User image

Expert
Ok so I sent a message about starting or opening up our group - hopefully I will hear something in the next day or two. 
2012-04-10 1:58 PM
in reply to: #4138884

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH
tmoran80 - 2012-04-09 4:33 PM

So I am gonna go to LBS today to try and figure out what my options are for gearing.  I have this vintage SunTour freewheel with the following gearing:

13-15-17-21-24-30

My big chain is 52/42.  I wanna see if I can upgrade to a 7 speed and possibly even change my wheel set.  I have 126mm spacing and it seems like most modern wheel hubs require 130mm but I think I can still use it and just spread the forks 2mm on each side.  I am just learning all this bike crap and am starting to get a good idea of what I need - but I am worried that using anything "vintage" is not conducive to Ironman competition.  I am just having visions of the Ford Edge Ironman Bike vehicle pulling up to me on the side of the road and I am asking them if they have any vintage parts in there? -haha.

We'll see what they say...

you can ride my old bike as I have no idea what you are talking about! I just ride! lol  I will be riding a beach cruiser all year!

2012-04-10 2:02 PM

User image

Expert

Ok so just to kind of clean up a few loose ends I have hanging out there:

• I had a really good "peace summit" put together by my Mom with me and my sister on Friday and everything is somewhat back to normal.  I can now go back to feeling ok with being a selfish triathlete.
  • Bike shop guy said to just leave my bike as it is.  I could upgrade to a a 7-gear rear freewheel but I would lose my 30 tooth gear and replace with a 25.  He actually said the way my bike is set up now would be more conducive to Madison.  The plan is to just ride the course in the next month and see how it goes.  Honestly now that I look back I have never really had any issues climbing with this bike.  I do run out of gears on the downhills faster than everyone though but I could think of worse things.
  • The heart palpitations have decreased significantly over the past few weeks.  It did that the last time I got them as I kind of just pushed through it as my training increased. Hopefully they stay away.

Scott - thanks for the recommendation on "The Distance" documentary.  The wife and I watched it last night and it was great.  I did get pretty nervous when they got to Madison on the Friday/Saturday race prep.  Although my wife was not a big fan of Tammy as she didn't really seem to do much with her kids and even refereed to them as annoying at one point. Maybe it was just the way it was edited - but anyways very good film.

And on a final note - I received my new wetsuit today.  I ended up going with the Synergy Adrenaline suit.  I will give my review after I try it out.

2012-04-10 10:14 PM
in reply to: #4141365

User image

Veteran
Milwaukee, WI

I have watched the Distance at least a half a dozen times, and have met Dave from the film many times, and the "head" donkey is my husband's soccer teammate from college.  That movie gets me nervous when they show the lake where Dave was stood up- that's my OWS lake, and it makes me realize that summer is just around the corner and I will be swimming in that lake before I know it!

Got a really good treadmill run in this afternoon- tomorrow evening it's a brick workout and some strength training.  I CANNOT wait until this semester is over...I just keep thinking like Dory from Finding Nemo...just keep swimming, just keep swimming... Smile

2012-04-11 8:49 AM
in reply to: #4142366

User image

Expert

That's funny cause when we were watching it and Dave was doing his run at that ice arena I remembered you had run a 1/2 marathon relay or something and was wondering if it was the same place.

We actually got a kick out of Dave and his wife to see how she would be after the baby becasue she just kept smiling the whole time.  We were laughing when they were talking after the race after my wife commented that she was smiling ear to ear so happy that it was finally over haha.

I will definitely watch it again especially the race weekend portion. 

Jennifers - 2012-04-10 10:14 PM

I have watched the Distance at least a half a dozen times, and have met Dave from the film many times, and the "head" donkey is my husband's soccer teammate from college.  That movie gets me nervous when they show the lake where Dave was stood up- that's my OWS lake, and it makes me realize that summer is just around the corner and I will be swimming in that lake before I know it!

Got a really good treadmill run in this afternoon- tomorrow evening it's a brick workout and some strength training.  I CANNOT wait until this semester is over...I just keep thinking like Dory from Finding Nemo...just keep swimming, just keep swimming... Smile

2012-04-11 8:55 AM

User image

Expert

Had tocut my short run short this morning as my treadmill belt has finally bitten the bullet.  The edging has slowly been coming off over the past year and I think it is actually hurting my leg as it sometimes feel like i am running on ice and slipping.  I really like having the option of just jumping on the treadmill but not sure if I can afford a new one right now.  If the weather would start cooperating I wouldn't have to worry about it Yell

Hope everyone is having a great day and week of training!

2012-04-11 9:23 PM
in reply to: #4141340

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Awesome!

tmoran80 - 2012-04-10 2:52 PM Ok so I sent a message about starting or opening up our group - hopefully I will hear something in the next day or two. 

2012-04-11 9:26 PM
in reply to: #4141365

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hi Tim.

Nice to hear you are good with continuing on as a selfish triathlete - me too Smile.

KC

tmoran80 - 2012-04-10 3:02 PM

Ok so just to kind of clean up a few loose ends I have hanging out there:

• I had a really good "peace summit" put together by my Mom with me and my sister on Friday and everything is somewhat back to normal.  I can now go back to feeling ok with being a selfish triathlete.
  • Bike shop guy said to just leave my bike as it is.  I could upgrade to a a 7-gear rear freewheel but I would lose my 30 tooth gear and replace with a 25.  He actually said the way my bike is set up now would be more conducive to Madison.  The plan is to just ride the course in the next month and see how it goes.  Honestly now that I look back I have never really had any issues climbing with this bike.  I do run out of gears on the downhills faster than everyone though but I could think of worse things.
  • The heart palpitations have decreased significantly over the past few weeks.  It did that the last time I got them as I kind of just pushed through it as my training increased. Hopefully they stay away.

Scott - thanks for the recommendation on "The Distance" documentary.  The wife and I watched it last night and it was great.  I did get pretty nervous when they got to Madison on the Friday/Saturday race prep.  Although my wife was not a big fan of Tammy as she didn't really seem to do much with her kids and even refereed to them as annoying at one point. Maybe it was just the way it was edited - but anyways very good film.

And on a final note - I received my new wetsuit today.  I ended up going with the Synergy Adrenaline suit.  I will give my review after I try it out.

2012-04-11 9:34 PM
in reply to: #4142366

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hi Jenn.

Cool story about knowing the people in that documentary. I have watched some of the clips but not the movie. I am also the same boat - can't wait until the semester comes to an end. Hang in there.

KC

Jennifers - 2012-04-10 11:14 PM

2012-04-11 9:37 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hey Team.

Been a busy week. Tim - same thing happening to my treadmill but it is hangin in there and hopefully until the nicer weather gets here again.

Life is getting in the way a bit on my end but I am still managing my work and workout schedule - so far so good but the days end way to quickly LOL.

OK - Tim, keep us posted on the new group but until then - I hope everyone sticks here.

Be safe everyone - up early for a chilly run outside I hope but if it is to crappy I will be on my shaky treadmill.

KC

2012-04-12 9:34 AM
in reply to: #4144803

User image

Expert

Well I have not heard anything and I sent two different e-mails - one to the head guy and one to tech support for the website.  Hopefully I will hear something soon.  Am I missing something for submitting for a mentor group that anyone can suggest?

kcgolf - 2012-04-11 9:37 PM

Hey Team.

Been a busy week. Tim - same thing happening to my treadmill but it is hangin in there and hopefully until the nicer weather gets here again.

Life is getting in the way a bit on my end but I am still managing my work and workout schedule - so far so good but the days end way to quickly LOL.

OK - Tim, keep us posted on the new group but until then - I hope everyone sticks here.

Be safe everyone - up early for a chilly run outside I hope but if it is to crappy I will be on my shaky treadmill.

KC

2012-04-12 10:39 AM

User image

Expert

Ok we are live on the new Mentor group

RFP GROUP REV 3 - http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=434810&posts=1&start=1

So how many do we want to try and add this time?

My thinking is we keep the group to 12?

2012-04-12 12:10 PM
in reply to: #4145804

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hey Team.

Tim - just signed in for a minute and signed up for the new group. I think 12 is fine. Are you going to seend messages to the few that stuck around from the last time? I have a crazy day going on today and will post my bio later.

Thanks for doing this.

KC

tmoran80 - 2012-04-12 11:39 AM

Ok we are live on the new Mentor group

RFP GROUP REV 3 - http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=434810&posts=1&start=1

So how many do we want to try and add this time?

My thinking is we keep the group to 12?

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Razorxp & KCgolf RFP group! CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 43