Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » HTML weirdness in Dashboard editing Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-01-02 9:24 AM

User image

Champion
Columbia, South Carolina
Subject: HTML weirdness in Dashboard editing

I have a table in my dashboard.  I put a background image on it.  This works fine.  If I peek at the HTML, it is:

<table style="width: 175px; background-image: url('IMG URL HERE');">

That's after I click 'Ok' for the first time after editing the dashboard, and everything seems to have worked.  However, as soon as I reload the page (or navigate to my own blog home in any way), the background image is gone, and the HTML code is now:

<table style="width: 175px; background-image: url<b></b>('IMG URL HERE'<b></b>;">

So, the two empty B elements are being inserted at some point, apparently when the page is loaded.  This breaks the rendering of the background image in at least Google Chrome (Mac OS X) and Firefox (also Mac OS X) and I suspect a number of other browsers.

Any workaround or fix?

2012-01-02 9:28 AM
in reply to: #3966076

User image

Champion
Columbia, South Carolina
Subject: RE: HTML weirdness in Dashboard editing
The emoticon in the second HTML string should of course be a parenthesis -- not sure why it's being rendered (for me at least) as the winky face.
New Thread
Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » HTML weirdness in Dashboard editing Rss Feed