General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » lost all motavation Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-01-09 8:47 PM

User image

noblesville
Subject: lost all motavation
I think i just need to vent a little. i have been on this site for a while did the couch to 5k and had a great time doing it. but then i had knee surgery in june and cannot find the motivation to get my butt back in the gym, i did all my rehab and everything is great but i think i just need a kick in the butt so hopefully i can get it here, i have tried it all was even going to sign up for a few races this year but not sure yet. thanks for letting me vent we will see what tomorrow brings

2012-01-09 9:55 PM
in reply to: #3980986

User image

Master
White Oak, Texas
Subject: RE: lost all motavation
I understand I nave had a mojo loss as well.  Had knee surgery in Aug. key is find out what ya want to do not what ya thik you used to want to do.  I am planning on a warrior dash a Tough mudder and two tris sprint and ly tis year and yes I do understand the WD or the TM may result in injury. 
2012-01-11 3:19 PM

New user

I don't know diddly about tri's, but here's my offer of help on motivation strategy...

#1: Don't be so hard on yourself! Remind yourself that you already ARE a success:

• Completed the Couch to 5K
  • Handled a serious setback by getting the surgery you needed
  • Successfully completed your rehab -- WoW!

#2: Baby Steps & Bite Size Pieces:

• maybe your first goal is just to go to the gym one day this week, do a short EASY workout and leave. DO NOT let yourself exercise long or intensively
  • next week, 2 days of short workouts (again, don't let yourself do much -- you're teasing yourself back into action)
  • maybe add in a FUN activity
  • be nice to yourself; congratulate yourself on each step, feel your enthusiasm building, then add a little length to the workouts, etc.
  • Congratulate yourself some more, Lather/Rinse/Repeat
  • THEN, MAYBE think about signing up for a race...

You can do it!

2012-01-11 6:51 PM

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

FOUND YOUR MOJO!

SERIOUSLY, we all get in a funk. 

i have to agree with the bter above how mentions baby steps. since it is the off season...this is a good time to be taking it slow and easy...work on your core. if you can find a workout buddy sometimes its easier to make that comittment then if you are on your own.

make sure to check out all the great forums ~ there are monthly challenges that would be right up your alley ~ and make sure to join a mentors team when they open up

good luck!

2012-01-11 7:50 PM

New user

just do it.......,I know original huh?

2012-01-20 3:05 PM

User image

noblesville
thanks for letting me vent, whatever it was i lost it is back better than ever, been to the gym every day this week and on the trainer at night. thanks again

2012-01-20 3:15 PM

User image

Veteran
the Sipp

That's awesome! Keep that momentum going!

I've been dealing with some minor but nagging injuries myself that really zapped my mojo. I took a few months off from any training in an effort to heal up and have had a hard time getting back on that wagon too but I'm slowly feeling it again.

Yesterday I did an exhaustive search of all the local races and events in my area...I made out my new race calendar for the year with an optimistic 13 events on it. Won't make half of those... but it has really motivated me to get going! Good luck!

2012-01-30 6:31 AM
in reply to: #4002122

User image

Master
Minneapolis, Minnesota
mas1 - 2012-01-20 4:05 PM

thanks for letting me vent, whatever it was i lost it is back better than ever, been to the gym every day this week and on the trainer at night. thanks again

YAY!!!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » lost all motavation Rss Feed