Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » Subaru Western Series Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2012-01-29 11:35 AM

Subject: Subaru Western Series
Just curious if anyone who has raced in them previously can give a review for the Subaru Western Series races that are scheduled for this year, specifically the Shawnigan Lake and Sooke courses.  I'm planning on doing a couple this year and wondering which is the most enjoyable in terms of the route, the organization, crowds etc.  I'm also considering the Victoria (Elk Lake) and Vancouver races but am more familiar with these courses.

2012-03-12 8:46 PM
in reply to: #4016999

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Subaru Western Series
I've done the Shawnigan one a couple of times, it's a really nice course but the lakes usually really chilly as it's the first OWS of the season. So be wary of getting too cold as they have had cases of hypothermia. Bike is a loop around the lake (one loop is 25km), it is open to cars but they are pretty good. Run is on a trail, and fairly flat. I haven't done the Sooke one, all I know is that transition 1 and 2 are in different places, and apparently there's a killer hill on the bike loop.

The series is extremely well run and professional without taking away the local tri feeling, which is nice.  

Edited by SmBkRn450 2012-03-12 8:47 PM
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » Subaru Western Series Rss Feed