of 5

2011-05-15 11:42 PM
in reply to: #3499804

User image

Expert
Perth, Australia
Subject: RE: Anyone else from WA?

Welcome to the West and BT.  

For a good start. I can highly recommend Stadium Tri Club's novice course which starts in June, check out http://www.stadiumtriclub.com/

ChallengeStadium also does beginners courses, the next one will probably be in the run up to the Triathlon Pink in November www.venueswest.wa.gov.au

Hi too rwallace, Guildford always seems to me a great place to train - I'm in Nedlands so I usually train in Kings Park or around the Swan. 

If you post in your logs, we can leave you inspires (as well as just having a stickybeak at what you're doing).

Happy training

Daisy

x

2011-05-17 2:25 AM
in reply to: #3500829

Hey guys,

My name is Bryce, I have decided to commence training for triathlons, decent swimmer and runner but the cycling is way off. Currently live in Morley and train with Exceed in Inglewood.

Hoping to do the half ironman in May next year is the main aim and the anaconda adventure race (i'm a bit of a paddler too).

Thanks

2011-05-19 12:22 AM
in reply to: #3503159

User image

Expert
Perth, Australia

Hi Bryce

Welcome aboard, two out of three ain't bad and so impressed that you're a paddler too.  I once went kayaking in Scotland in November and my gloves froze to the paddle and I never tried it again!  Now that I'm living near such a beautiful river, I should really give it a second chance.  Happy training over the winter :-)

2011-05-19 8:16 PM
in reply to: #3507356

Was planning to do the Avon this yr in my old-faithful (26kg endofinn kayak try carrying that aross the course)...but I have a little one coming in late July...so thats called off...still trying to do the monday sess's under the tonkin highway and an weekend paddle...Kayaking is excellent for your swimming and I consider it a weight training session as well...
2011-05-20 12:55 AM
in reply to: #3500829

User image

daisymouse - 2011-05-16 12:42 PM

Welcome to the West and BT.  

For a good start. I can highly recommend Stadium Tri Club's novice course which starts in June, check out http://www.stadiumtriclub.com/

ChallengeStadium also does beginners courses, the next one will probably be in the run up to the Triathlon Pink in November www.venueswest.wa.gov.au

Hi too rwallace, Guildford always seems to me a great place to train - I'm in Nedlands so I usually train in Kings Park or around the Swan. 

If you post in your logs, we can leave you inspires (as well as just having a stickybeak at what you're doing).

Happy training

Daisy

x

I would love do that course you've linked. Actually their training course for the 12km CIty to Surf would also be good. Its a pity Challenge Stadium is so far away from me.  I've just moved to Bayswater (from Bunbury!). Does anyone know if other Tri clubs run similar programs?

Also keen to know a good Tri Club to join, I'm still a beginner really having completed my first Tri last Nov so looking for a club that caters well for beginners. Anyone have experience with City Tri? Their website really doesnt give you much info and is really out-of-date (last newsletter posted Aug 2009!).

Anyone running in the HBF Run for a Reason this Sun? Go Northerners :D

2011-05-20 7:28 AM
in reply to: #3509279

User image

Expert
Perth, Australia
I don't know of any other clubs offering beginner sessions, but then I've never enquired!  Do you work in the CBD, most of STC and Challenges sessions are early evening so could be done on your way home.  I'm not running on Sunday - I registered ages ago but have been laid low but this lurgy that seems to be global at the moment and walking to work is about the limit my lungs can take just now.  Have a great race!

2011-05-23 5:57 AM
in reply to: #419397

User image

How frustrating to get ill before the run! Sorry you had to miss it, it was definatly a lot of fun, tonnes upon tonnes of people there. Super frosty in the morning waiting for the start. This was my first time doing this run, i was suprised at how many kids were there with their parents, really awesome to see =)
2011-05-23 11:17 PM
in reply to: #3513104

User image

Expert
Perth, Australia
yep, it was very frustrating, especially when they kept sending me e-mail updates and even a text wishing me good luck!  I had tried to get in touch with them to say I was DNS but everything just bounced back.  So glad you had a good race, I though the running conditions seemed perfect. I am trying to be as philosophical as my son, who with 7 year old logic, gave me his favourite movie quote to make me feel better "Mum, sometimes you have to turn left to go right".
New Thread
Australian Triathlon Forum Western Australia » Anyone else from WA? Rss Feed  

of 5