General Discussion Triathlon Talk » gratson therapy for IT band or other issues Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-02-02 11:05 AM

User image

Regular
Akron
Subject: gratson therapy for IT band or other issues
Today I got my first gratson therapy for my it band. I have become desperate and am trying everything. Just wandering if anyone has any experience with this. From what I hear it seems to help. She said I could continue to be active on it but not full out sprints or anything like that. I'm only swimming this week anyhow. Anyone have experience with this? If so how long did it take to work or help?

2012-02-02 3:03 PM
in reply to: #4025363

User image

Subject: RE: gratson therapy for IT band or other issues
I received a combo of art and graston for IT issues a couple of years ago. Did not run for a month. Continued to bike 3 times a week and every time I wanted run i would swim.  Also did a lot of hip exercises and used "the stick" to roll my legs several times a day.  Once cleared to run I never had any more of that pain.  I have also received graston for pattella tendonitis on my other leg and had different results.  It actually made it hurt worse for a couple of days after each treatment with tremendous soreness. And after a month of no running or biking it felt exactly the same after runs as short as a mile.  Hit the weights for hamstings and hips for another month and a half, changed shoes and I am now gradually back to running with no pain.  When say everything, you are working on strengthing your hips (more specifically your gluteus medius), right?  Good luck
2012-02-02 3:56 PM

User image

Expert
Kewaunee, WI

Graston is the only form of therapy that has worked for my ITB. During the height of the training season I need to see my Dr. every 2 to 3 weeks. I haven't seen him since November. I am in the off season and in a bike focus. Running seems to aggravate it the most. When I run hard I have to see him more frequently.

It works. I swear by it. It does take some time though. It is not a quick fix. It is something I will always have to do if I run hard.

2012-02-03 7:58 AM

User image

Regular
Akron
it's the day after I recieved the treatment and I'm totally greatful! My knee hasn't felt like this in weeks. It's awesome (like night and day)! I'm going to continue the treatment and see how it goes. I have a long bruise down the side of my leg, but who cares. totally worth it so far!!!! HOpefully more good things to come!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » gratson therapy for IT band or other issues Rss Feed