General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Rev3 Cedar Point - Full Rev : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2012-05-30 11:45 AM
in reply to: #4235058

Subject: RE: Rev3 Cedar Point - Full Rev : Official Thread
I just passed the 1/2 way point in training as well and I'm starting to get a little mentally worn out. Maybe an unscheduled day off this weekend will do the trick.

2012-05-30 12:20 PM
in reply to: #4081525

User image

I had just experienced the same mental challenge, given that this training plan has been much longer than previous marathon or 1/2 iron plans.  I went away for the weekend and sort of made up a less aggressive plan the past 2 weeks and now I'm starting to get back on track again mentally.

Just curious since you are at the same point, are you doing one of Fink's plans?  I'm doing his intermediate plan, and have liked it for the most part, other than the lack of interesting workouts in the pool.

2012-05-30 4:23 PM
in reply to: #4235516

I'm doing the Fink competitive plan. I used it for IMLP in 2008 and it got me ready physically. Unfortunaty I had serious pacing issues on the bike and didn't do as well as I wanted. Thewim workouts are boring, but I was able to do a solid if unspectacular 1 hr 15 min swim at IMLP using them - and I'm more of a "controlled drowner" than a swimmer
2012-06-01 10:42 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Worcester, MA
100 days from today! 
2012-06-27 2:15 PM

User image

Veteran

Please visit www.clevetriclub.com for information on course preview days.  The first day is July 21 at Sawmill Creek Resort in Huron.  We will have a swim clinic/ open water swim, group ride with A, B and C groups.  You can ride 58 or 100 mile courses. We will have a manned aid station during the ride with water, some type of sport drink and some other goodies.  You can run on a 2 mile path after the ride if you need some added mileage for a brick.  

These days are presented and supported by the Cleveland Tri Club.  They are totally FREE for everyone! Not just members of CTC.  Of course, if you want to join CTC during the event, we will have member forms for you!  This is a great day to ride the course with some other dedicated nutjobs like yourself!

We do ask for RSVP on either our fb page or e-mail at [email protected]

2012-07-01 2:45 PM

Extreme Veteran
NE Ohio

one more month of training down. How is everyone feeling with just over two months to go?  I got sick in early June and had to back off for a bout a week..best thing that happened to me i think. Been feeling good on key sessions ever since. Added Muncie 70.3 to the training plan next weekend. Anyone else racing in the next week or two?

Also, anyone planning on attending one of the two Cleveland Tri Club Rev3 preview days coming up?

2012-07-10 10:06 PM
in reply to: #4109685

User image

Veteran
I totally recommend staying at the lighthouse cabins in the campground.  They are awesome!  Especially if you are coming in with a group.  They worked out great for me and my family the past few years.  
2012-07-17 2:05 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Traverse City, MI
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on this one.  I didn't have the race I was quite capable of this year in Coeur d'Alene and have so I have some unresolved issues to work out.  I feel pretty strong since that race and everything I have read sounds awesome.  Hmmmmmm.
2012-07-25 10:48 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Worcester, MA
Does anyone who has done this before have or know anyone who has the actual elevation total? I'm just trying to get an idea and I know mapmyrun sucks for that. Yes, THIS is what I obsess over  
2012-07-27 7:01 AM

can any past competitors give any advise on the special needs bags? How are the stations set up? Fast in fast out?
2012-07-31 1:04 PM

User image

Veteran

Come join the Cleveland Tri Club on August 18, 2012 as we host the Rev3 Cedar Point Course Preview Day. CTC will help Full Rev and Half Rev athletes become familiar with the Rev3 Cedar Point course. The schedule is as follows:

7:00 Registration (all athletes must register)
8:00 Open Water Swim Clinic led by Liquid Lifestyles
9:15 Rev3 Bike Course Preview Ride with A(22 mph+), B(18-21 mph) and C(16-18 mph with no drop)
12:00-2:00 optional run
2:00 Lunch and Group Discussion at Big Bear Saloon

All riders will have the option of doing 1 or 2 loops of the bike course. After the ride, you can run on a 2 mile path on location. We will have an aid station located at the halfway point. All riders are expected to bring any support items necessary, but the aid station will have water, sports drink, cookies, pretzels and, of course, fig newtons! We will meet at the Big Bear Saloon for post ride lunch and discussions. The topics will be determined at a later date but will be aimed at the Full Rev athletes.
We will have several vendors prior to the ride with lots of triathlon related goodies. 
Please rsvp for planning purposes to [email protected] or on our group event page on facebook.
Triathlon is an individual sport, but training does not have to be lonely! We have had over 150 athletes at the last few training days. Hope to see you there!

This event is FREE and open to all!

Edited by kenb321 2012-07-31 1:05 PM

2012-07-31 1:07 PM
in reply to: #4333226

User image

Veteran

albella - 2012-07-27 7:01 AM can any past competitors give any advise on the special needs bags? How are the stations set up? Fast in fast out?

Your number is radioed ahead when on the bike after you go over an over pass.  They get it ready for you ahead of time and you can pull off to the side to re-stock all your goodies.  The run was similar that your number is radioed ahead and it is waiting for you.

2012-08-09 6:53 AM

User image

Finally...1 month until race day!  How is everyone feeling?  Has anyone been out in the area on the courses with any words of insight?

I'm definitely enjoying the mental benefits of knowing the race is almost here.  It came just in time too, with the mornings starting to get darker when getting up for those early workouts.  Now it's time to finalize the nutrition and clothing plans (change in transition?) before starting the taper in 2 weeks!

Edited by triandtri 2012-08-09 6:54 AM
2012-08-09 7:20 AM
in reply to: #4354363

I feel tired. I start dreading the next weekends workouts on the previous Sunday night. Just 2 more weekends of long workouts to go though, so I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I can't wait for the race to finally get here!
2012-08-09 8:18 AM
in reply to: #4354406

User image

Extreme Veteran
Worcester, MA

Lawdog05 - 2012-08-09 7:20 AM I feel tired. I start dreading the next weekends workouts on the previous Sunday night. Just 2 more weekends of long workouts to go though, so I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I can't wait for the race to finally get here!

This is exactly how I feel.  I'm beat and beat down.  I'm ready to get through the next two weeks of hard work and a little rest.  I'm doing the Rev3 OOB Oly as a "fun day"  Hammer the swim and bike and then JOG the run.  Mentally it will help me and hopefully be fun.  

Time to make it all happen. 

2012-08-09 8:55 AM
in reply to: #4354517

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

2012-08-09 11:01 AM
in reply to: #4354517

AdCo - 2012-08-09 9:18 AM

Lawdog05 - 2012-08-09 7:20 AM I feel tired. I start dreading the next weekends workouts on the previous Sunday night. Just 2 more weekends of long workouts to go though, so I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I can't wait for the race to finally get here!

This is exactly how I feel.  I'm beat and beat down.  I'm ready to get through the next two weeks of hard work and a little rest.  I'm doing the Rev3 OOB Oly as a "fun day"  Hammer the swim and bike and then JOG the run.  Mentally it will help me and hopefully be fun.  

Time to make it all happen. 

Can't wait to see how the first year goes at OOB, I was also thinking of that race but ended up signing up for the Lake George Oly instead the week before Cedar Point just to get one last check in that everything is good to go.

2012-08-09 11:02 AM
in reply to: #4354604

TSimone - 2012-08-09 9:55 AM Managed to wreck my bike last weekend so I'm just hoping to get to the start line. Shoulder & knee issues. Thankfully the bike is fine. I'll need every bit of these next 31 days to heal up but I'll be there.

That stinks that you took a spill, but I guess at least you have 31 days until the race.  Good luck resting up!

2012-08-09 2:50 PM

Extreme Veteran
NE Ohio
triandtri - 2012-08-09 7:53 AM

Finally...1 month until race day!  How is everyone feeling?  Has anyone been out in the area on the courses with any words of insight?

I'm definitely enjoying the mental benefits of knowing the race is almost here.  It came just in time too, with the mornings starting to get darker when getting up for those early workouts.  Now it's time to finalize the nutrition and clothing plans (change in transition?) before starting the taper in 2 weeks!

Feel ok, unfortunately picked up some stubborn respiratory thing that won't go away. Feel fine and can do my sessions, but has been somewhat of a slight limiter.

Was out there a few weeks ago when Cleveland Tri Club held the Rev3 course preview. Did the 100 mile 2 loop preview that day. Heading out there next week again for the second CTC preview day. Going to use it as a race prep session. There's a swim in Lake Erie first, and then the organized bike. Will get a run on the path by Sawmill Creek after. If you want to check out the course, i highly recommend that day to do it (next Saturday).

2012-08-09 2:50 PM
in reply to: #4354604

Extreme Veteran
NE Ohio

TSimone - 2012-08-09 9:55 AM Managed to wreck my bike last weekend so I'm just hoping to get to the start line. Shoulder & knee issues. Thankfully the bike is fine. I'll need every bit of these next 31 days to heal up but I'll be there.

that's unfortunate. Get better quick.

2012-08-09 2:58 PM

Veteran
Boston, MA

I'm tired too. My training hasn't been going as well this year, and I feel slow and defeated. Not exactly the mental state I'd like to be going into my first, and likely only, 140.6 with, but it is what it is. My coach doesn't believe in long tapers, so I still have three more long rides before race day, as well as a HIM next weekend. We'll see what kind of shape I'm in on race day...

2012-08-10 1:04 PM
in reply to: #4355678

Extreme Veteran
Worcester, MA
Bnclev - 2012-08-09 2:50 PM

Feel ok, unfortunately picked up some stubborn respiratory thing that won't go away. Feel fine and can do my sessions, but has been somewhat of a slight limiter.

Was out there a few weeks ago when Cleveland Tri Club held the Rev3 course preview. Did the 100 mile 2 loop preview that day. Heading out there next week again for the second CTC preview day. Going to use it as a race prep session. There's a swim in Lake Erie first, and then the organized bike. Will get a run on the path by Sawmill Creek after. If you want to check out the course, i highly recommend that day to do it (next Saturday).

How's the course look? are the roads good? how "hilly" is it? I 'm curious more than I'm worried. 

2012-08-12 9:02 PM
in reply to: #4357261

Extreme Veteran
NE Ohio
AdCo - 2012-08-10 2:04 PM
Bnclev - 2012-08-09 2:50 PM

How's the course look? are the roads good? how "hilly" is it? I 'm curious more than I'm worried. 

Roads were in pretty good shape in my opinion. There are some sections where you hit chip and seal, but that was not very long. Its not hilly at all. There is a hill that goes into Milan about 12-15? miles in that we hit again on the second loop. Don't mind that one at all, especially since the town comes out and has and aid station and cheers you on a bit..nice to have. When you come out of there, you hit what i call the back stretch that is 13 mile long or so that is a slight uphill grade for most of the way with a few rollers until you it the back corner of the course. We do that section twice. Its not a completely flat course, but i would not consider it hilly at all. You do pass alot of corn fileds though.

I'll report back if i notice anything different out there next weekend.

2012-08-13 6:52 AM

Thanks for the course update Bryan (I would love to ride the training/preview rides were it not for the the 14 hour drive to get there) .  Glad to hear that the roads were in good shape, every bit of smooth road helps.  Looking at the course elevation profile it looks pretty flat so I'm glad to hear you felt the same while on the bike.
2012-08-13 8:51 AM

Extreme Veteran
Worcester, MA

Thanks Brian,

I'm not too worried about hills as a NOT hilly ride for me is around 4000 of climbing. I'm more worried about wind, but that's a complete crapshoot anyway.  less than 4 weeks to go. 

When do we start obsessing about the weather? 

New Thread
General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Rev3 Cedar Point - Full Rev : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 5