General Discussion Race Reports! » Rock 'n' Roll Dallas Half Marathon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Rock 'n' Roll Dallas Half Marathon - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Dallas, Texas
United States
Competitor Group
Total Time = 2h 14m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Woke up very early, met people from my truing program at 5 am to carpool to Fair Park. We got there with no traffic, parked and took the bus to the start. We were there about 6:15 so lots of waiting. Sat around and chatted. I managed to lose my pre-race gel so ate a banana instead (I hate bananas).
Event warmup:

Nothing, watched some of the group do drills.
Run
  • 2h 14m
  • 13.1 miles
  • 10m 14s  min/mile
Comments:

Ran with people from my truing group. We did not coordinate our stops very well, so we made a lot of them! Felt pretty good the first couple miles, then my right foot fell asleep. I stopped a couple of times to mess with my shoe and sock, finally sat down and took off my calf sleeve. That did not help, but about half way it went a way. The rest of the run my left calf was hurting bad. It was warm, the warmest day I've run yet. They had salt at the halfway point, so I ate some since I got hyponatremic and passed out in the past, I figured it couldn't hurt. I was glad to see the finish line.
What would you do differently?:

Not much, wanted to run faster and may have by myself, but I need to get my ankle/achilles healed.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked through the food area, got a water and gatorade. Dranl about 1/4 of gatorade and half the water. Did not eat anything, no appetite. Actually did not eat until about 3 pm.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Ongoing achilles and ankle issues.

Event comments:

Took awhile to get out of Fair Park and onto I-30. Bands, cheerleaders and spectators where fun.

Last updated: 2011-08-29 12:00 AM
Running
02:14:00 | 13.1 miles | 10m 14s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]